No announcement yet.

Galveston Area Vacation Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has some fishing charter recommendations. Post em up or pm them if you don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      The water isn't very nice in Galveston at all. If I were you, I would look around Corpus or South Padre Island.
      This. I lived in Galveston for about 6 months while we had a project going on the island. I hated it. In my opinion you have to get near South Padre to find a decent beach in Texas. I'm not a fan of that whole stretch of coast through that area near Galveston.

Comment

Lots of history there. So there is old and new. We just got back and appreciated it all.

Comment

We are going the first of May. We plan on relaxing at pool bar and beach. Nothing else we won’t to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Beach water color is over rated BS. We’ve been several times to Crystal Beach/Bolivar and our families have a blast. We VRBO front row house with a walk over and the party is on. We cross over at high island so no ferry necessary, if the women want to go to Galveston they can cross and do women stuff. Highly reccomend the area, and new things are being built. Most everything there has been built since the cane in 09.

I wouldn’t stay IN Galveston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This. Downtown ( the strand) is nice to walk around, find some shops, grab a beer walk n talk. My son loves just going down there and being near the beach. If it was up to him at 5 years old, we'd live there lol.

Comment

I live less than 30 min from Galveston. And, I won’t even visit the place unless absolutely necessary. I can find seafood just as good in Kemah or San Leon. But, for folks that don’t get the chance to get there very often it may be a nice change.

Kinda like New Orleans is to a lot of us from La.
              I find the food and fun around Acadiana a lot better than New Orleans.

Comment

Go to Orange Beach Alabama.
                Cheap hotels beautiful water nice people.
                I live Just the other side of the causeway from Galveston.
                It's not pretty until you get 15 miles off shore

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                  Stuck with Galveston. Got a Holiday Inn on Seawall Blvd - used points, staying for free (except parking).

And (for the most important part) booked a hunt for Axis or Blackbuck, after Galveston, with Hensel Whitetail Ranch - first week of June.

Not a fisherman, probably do whatever the wife wants on the non-hunting portion of trip - but she most always picks good stuff - I married extremely well.

I'll save Corpus Christi/Padre Island for a vacation/Nilgai hunt someday.
                  Nothing wrong with Galveston. Sure there are nicer beaches up and down the coast, but Galveston has some pretty decent restaurants and history. The Space Center in Houston is neat to.

Comment

Port Aransas

Comment

Galveston has a cool vibe with plenty to do for " adults only " or the whole family. It really has it all... except pretty water.. great restaurants, water parks, outdoor theater, tours and museums of all kinds, fishing, birding, historical sites...you name it, it has it.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                        Stuck with Galveston. Got a Holiday Inn on Seawall Blvd - used points, staying for free (except parking).

And (for the most important part) booked a hunt for Axis or Blackbuck, after Galveston, with Hensel Whitetail Ranch - first week of June.

Not a fisherman, probably do whatever the wife wants on the non-hunting portion of trip - but she most always picks good stuff - I married extremely well.

I'll save Corpus Christi/Padre Island for a vacation/Nilgai hunt someday.
                        Can you use your points at Holiday Inn Silverleaf? This place is out near the end of the the island and a nicer location.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelmdb69 View Post
                          Who has some fishing charter recommendations. Post em up or pm them if you don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                          Captain Cody. Goes by captain c on here. Went with him and had a great time

Comment

Blue Water Resort in Freeport. We just got back from a week in the RV park. Stayed bayside. Caught bunch of big blue crabs (in traps baited with chicken drumsticks) off the little piers there. Fished the surf by wading out in insulated waders to cast out farther. Caught my first Red Drum on bait shrimp and “fish bites”, 26 inches long, caught a nice flounder on cut bait and bunch of Whiting, and of courseL bunches of those dang little saltwater catfish. Buy you a crab box-trap nearby at Buckies and a throw net. Caught bunches of 3-6 inch Mullet for cut bait with a cast net right off the little piers behind the Rv spaces.

Comment

Bumping this one. Besides the brewery mentioned and Cajun Greeks, anyone got some restaurants to recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Galveston mud hole
                                Port aransas almost a mud hole
                                South padre pretty clear
                                Flordia crystal clear water and sugar sand and hotter chicks and no masks

Comment

Working...
                                X