• Show
Clear All

Sell, sell, sell!

Comment

WKHS still in a nose dive.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
        Sell, sell, sell!
        Sell Oil that keeps going up or the Tech that keeps falling?

I am not selling my tech I am in the hole on and still feel oil will keep going.

SOI am holding. Today is ugly

Comment

Tesla is having a rough week.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
            Tesla is having a rough week.
            Most Tech/EV is having a VERY rough 3-4 weeks.

I bought more TESLA and NIO when it was down 10.5% earlier today.

Comment

At some point, you’ve gotta be able to see the reason for why people are on the other side of the trade you are making. You can never get too married to a position you’re in. You’ll lose a lot of money from refusing to cut your losses and putting your capital elsewhere. I sold my gold miners at a 20% loss. No big deal. Sitting pretty with a lot of cash to deploy and enjoying a boom in much maligned dirty oil and gas industry.

Also, if you don’t know how rising rates affect the stock market, maybe getting out of stocks all together would be a good thing.

Comment

At some point, you’ve gotta be able to see the reason for why people are on the other side of the trade you are making. You can never get too married to a position you’re in. You’ll lose a lot of money from refusing to cut your losses and putting your capital elsewhere. I sold my gold miners at a 20% loss. No big deal. Sitting pretty with a lot of cash to deploy and enjoying a boom in much maligned dirty oil and gas industry.

Also, if you don’t know how rising rates affect the stock market, maybe getting out of stocks all together would be a good thing.
                i rarely understand much of what you post, i just like it best when the ones i pick go up.

Comment

BUT if you're in good companies selling now when they have been beat up is a bad strategy. As long as nothing has changed with that company anyway

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    i rarely understand much of what you post, i just like it best when the ones i pick go up.
                    That made my Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      BUT if you're in good companies selling now when they have been beat up is a bad strategy. As long as nothing has changed with that company anyway
                      AMEN to this! Take the emotion out of it and long term thoughts

Everything that I have had that was negative I have held onto long enough to sell for a profit.

Now as we speak, I am in the hole BIG on a few EV/Tech stocks. No biggie though, they will come back up

Comment

I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Look at the S&P and most of the funds that are in a 401K. This is not a crash. It's EV/Tech stocks that were way overpriced correcting. If you were invested in them and were ahead....you should have sold along time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                          I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Look at the S&P and most of the funds that are in a 401K. This is not a crash. It's EV/Tech stocks that were way overpriced correcting. If you were invested in them and were ahead....you should have sold along time ago.
                          Should I have sold a long time ago? Prolly yes

Will EV be here to stay and eventually beat highs 4-5 weeks ago? Yes I think so also. Long term thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Good companies are good companies, but valuations matter too. Stocks trading 30x price to earnings aren’t a good value. Stocks that don’t turn a profit are pretty **** risky in this environment. Buy low, sell high.
                            Last edited by TwoHighways; 03-05-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

here's a prediction that goes totally against the conventional wisdom. Ford will outperform Tesla by year end (not even including how much Tesla has fallen so far this year).

Comment

I think the best way to make money right now is to be short treasuries with the stimulus bill passing (or be long commodities). I don't know how markets will react monday. Maybe they'll shrug off the rise on bond yields and buy into the narrative that it isn't inflation fears driving a rise in interest rates, but instead it's the bond market pricing in future growth. I suspect any rally to be short lived though if the treasury auctions next week go badly. The only danger to being short treasuries is the Fed implementing some sort of yield curve control, but you can hedge against that risk with a position of being long commodities.

Comment

Working...
                                X