• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
    Overpriced and sold out by 1....

Rethink that one.
    Bitcoin

Over priced

Absolutely worthless. Just saying it is possible.

Comment

I have had barbecue all over the country and this place is in my top 5.

Comment

Hadn't ever heard of it. What part of town is that? I usually don't stray too far from Angelo's, and Railhead BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Define GOOD bbq joints. I eat at plenty of hole in the wall joints that aren't $25/lb for brisket. And by plenty I mean I'm down to about two But I aint paying that. Heck, it's a bunch of kids that don't want to work more than a couple of days/week.
          What are your hole in the walls? I love good BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
            I’ve got Hurtado’s on my list to try as well.
            Hurtado is very good. El Hefe Platter. $33 and it'll feed 2 hognecks.

Comment

K&S BBQ in Joshua is the best I've had in a long time.

Comment

I’ve eaten there many times. In my opinion Goldees is is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Define GOOD bbq joints. I eat at plenty of hole in the wall joints that aren't $25/lb for brisket. And by plenty I mean I'm down to about two But I aint paying that. Heck, it's a bunch of kids that don't want to work more than a couple of days/week.

Had to laugh I am willing to bet those hole in the wall joints would love to be sold out by 1 and be accused of being over priced Maybe they need to work on their product.

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                    Had to laugh I am willing to bet those hole in the wall joints would love to be sold out by 1 and be accused of being over priced Maybe they need to work on their product.
                    By this logic Joe Ts and Pappacitos is is the best mex food in town. Lol. And Primos makes the best turkey calls. Popularity contests rarely reveal where the quality lies

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                      I'm sure Goldee's is good food. Everyone that I've talked to likes it. I'm personally not going to pay $25/lb for brisket. Heck, it would cost my family $100 to go have a BBQ lunch lol. And the question lies, would Goldee's sell out by 1pm every day if they were open 6 days/week? If people want to pay that for BBQ, I have no problem with it. I was just posting my opinion.

Comment

You don't sell out by 1 if your overpriced and have sub-par bbq. Don't complicate it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I’d say if they are selling out in 2 hours they aren’t overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          It's pretty smart. Just make somebody think they are missing out on something and they will stack up if you have a good product. Plus, city folks will pay more. It's science. Nothings overpriced if you can sell it.

Comment

I don’t like spending the money either but think they may be comparably priced. Seems in line with most places that offer true smoked bbq with a stick burner and quality meat. I live minutes from Corkscrew and still rarely go due to cost and the fact that I’ve had it plenty before and would rather spend that extra on new to me places. Have yet to try any of the DFW places. Hopefully soon.

Then convince the wife we need a small moberg or similar for the house instead of a new oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              What are your hole in the walls? I love good BBQ
                              Off the Bone-$14.90/lb brisket
                              Hickory Stick-$16-$17/lb brisket
                              David's BBQ-$14.99/lb brisket

These places are nothing fancy. Just straight forward, salt of the earth type places that have been around for decades. Just your basic bbq joint that you can go in and get a lunch special for $8 or $9.

Nobody said Goldee's wasn't good. I just said I wasn't gonna pay $25/lb for brisket. Like mentioned above, it's all marketing

Comment

Dadgum bbq gougers!

Comment

Working...
                                X