Taxidermist question or anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxidermist question or anyone else

Why is it always the bobcats people say they wait so long for ? Do they just take longer to do? I know they are not easy and requires very detailed work,But I never hear of any other animal taking 3-5 years to get back.

Just a random thought I had.

My thoughts are the really good taxis are busy with lots of cats. Not every taxi is a good at cats.

Comment

They usually have to kill them 7 or 8 more times depending on the cat. It’s time consuming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’f you’re referring to the recent thread on here about Mark Couture, he’s got a long wait on all his animals. There’s several threads about it. There’s nothing special about a bobcat that takes 3 years to mount. That looong wait is because the taxidermist took in too many animals

Comment

And AC knows all about a good bobcat thread! ^^^ I had tp bring up this classic!

Comment

Thanks I think.

I wish I would have waited 3 years to have Mark Couture do mine.

Comment

It’s because ...:.. well ...............it’s hard to make a cat look good

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I’f you’re referring to the recent thread on here about Mark Couture, he’s got a long wait on all his animals. There’s several threads about it. There’s nothing special about a bobcat that takes 3 years to mount. That looong wait is because the taxidermist took in too many animals
                Not just that one! But over the years there are differing estimates that popped up. I was wondering if they take longer than a traditional shoulder mount, so they skip them and get more quantity out. No doubt if someone was great at cats and all they did was cats he/she would stay busy.

Comment

No excuse for a 3 year wait. And Mark is NOT anywhere near the best nor is he worth it.

Comment

No reason that they should take longer than a deer. A shop should work on pieces as they come in.

Comment

I guess it just depends on how busy they are. It takes a year or more for me to get my birds back.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        No excuse for a 3 year wait. And Mark is NOT anywhere near the best nor is he worth it.
                        Would you wait 3 years for clay Wagner to mount another for you? Yours is one of the best I’ve seen. We have all seen Some terrible work on here (mine was one of them). it just got me thinking.

Comment

Most taxidermist that I know will do shoulder mounts on deer before they start working on predators and such. Because the deer mounts they can finish faster. But it shouldn't take that long for them to finish a full body mount. I'd say they're taking on too much work if it does.

Comment

Working...
                          X