X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Cobb realtor lots of good rentals in Gilchrist

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
      Dont listen to the nay-sayers. Me and my family love Galveston.
      If you stay on the island, take the ferry over to Bolivar and eat at Stingarees
      Eat at The Spot
      Go to The Strand, Moody Gardens and Scliterbahn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Yep, love me some Galveston, way more than Florida and Alabama and I have been there numerous times. Tons to do in Galveston but I hang out on the West End or San Luis Pass fishing most of the time. Check out all the beach house rentals on the West End on VRBO. The closest places to attractions would be Pirates Beach, Sunny Beach, Indian Beach and just a little further down is Jamaica Beach. Also check out Cajun Greek's on 61st Street while there for some dang good eats.

Comment

I got married in Galveston. We go there once a year. Hit the strand and enjoy all the shops, bars, coffee and food. La kings for a shake or malt.
        Book a night on strand and git everything there, then finish off with a beach rental. Book a fishing trip as well.

Comment

Love Crystal Beach!

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
            Look at Cobb realtor lots of good rentals in Gilchrist
            Can't go wrong here.
            Been using them for 10+ yrs.
            Top notch rental agency.

Comment

I live nearby and Galveston is great to visit for other things beside the beach. Check out Moody Gardens, walk down the Strand, Pleasure Pier, some cool bars and restaurants, charter fishing.

For the beach get on the county beach between Surfside and San Luis Pass, somewhere in the middle of that area, there will be several openings on Blue Water Highway to go straight onto the beach. You can back right up to the water and the beach is clean unless a bunch of seaweed came in. Take a heavy duty rake if the seaweed is there, a little elbow grease and you will have a clean spot to setup. Also, most of the openings to go onto the beach from the road have loose sand so take a truck or haul azz when going through.

Comment

Originally posted by duckologist View Post
                galveston is a s**t hole
                yes

Comment

Originally posted by dhall View Post
                  yes
                  The middle for sure.
                  You gotta stay on edges .
                  It definitely has its own vibe .

Comment

am a b.o.i. sad but true would never take a trip back.. not the place it was back in the days. better places to go see and have fun.
                    Last edited by waterdog; 03-03-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I usually post up right before the pass. Early mornings out there in the surf can be mind blowing sometimes.

Comment

My wife watched the "outdaughtered" episode where they went to Galveston so now were going to Galveston Island in June. It looks like were staying a mile or 2 East of the state park. We will definitely check out some of these places.

Comment

Stuck with Galveston. Got a Holiday Inn on Seawall Blvd - used points, staying for free (except parking).

And (for the most important part) booked a hunt for Axis or Blackbuck, after Galveston, with Hensel Whitetail Ranch - first week of June.

Not a fisherman, probably do whatever the wife wants on the non-hunting portion of trip - but she most always picks good stuff - I married extremely well.

I'll save Corpus Christi/Padre Island for a vacation/Nilgai hunt someday.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                            Stuck with Galveston. Got a Holiday Inn on Seawall Blvd - used points, staying for free (except parking).

And (for the most important part) booked a hunt for Axis or Blackbuck, after Galveston, with Hensel Whitetail Ranch - first week of June.

Not a fisherman, probably do whatever the wife wants on the non-hunting portion of trip - but she most always picks good stuff - I married extremely well.

I'll save Corpus Christi/Padre Island for a vacation/Nilgai hunt someday.
                            Not sure how long you will be staying. But, if you want a change of pace drive 20 minutes north on 146 and hit Kemah for some good food and live music at T Bone Toms and a few other venues.

Comment

You guys are trashing my hometown.

Comment

Galveston island Brewery makes some good beers also.

Comment

Working...
                                X