Fish kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    Looks like a major fish kill over a lot of the Texas coast. Hopefully it won’t take them long to come back. It just seems like such a waste!
    It will take a long time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      Hopefully people treat them respect and cut the fish some slack while things rebuild or it’ll take even longer.

Comment

What’s it looking like in Matagorda?

Comment

I got a text from my friend in Matagorda, it's pic's from the harbor. Hard to tell species but it ain't good, a lot of dead fish

Comment

Caleb McCumber posted a video on facebook, him and a few other guides went around the bay yesterday afternoon. Lots of dead baitfish but not many trout & reds floating, but apparently that might not happen right away. Did say bunch of dead snook & trout in harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              What’s it looking like in Matagorda?
              Got power and water back on last night!
              Few dead fish in the Harbor.......mostly baitfish
              Drove down to the beach yesterday, didn’t see any dead fish in the bar ditch
              I’m going out Saturday to look around, it will be the first break on the wind
              Water temp right now is at 39’, lowest it got was 29-31’.......
              Weathermen got the forecast right this time! Last week I figured it wouldn’t get this cold, I was definitely wrong....
              As far as a fish kill in the Bay! Won’t know the event until the water warms a bit and they start to float, but if the dead fish stays down long enough, you won’t see it float, then it will be hard to access the damage. I’ll post Saturday if I see something interesting. Going over to the Harbor in a few to look again

Comment

Got power and water back on last night!
                Few dead fish in the Harbor.......mostly baitfish
                Drove down to the beach yesterday, didn’t see any dead fish in the bar ditch
                I’m going out Saturday to look around, it will be the first break on the wind
                Water temp right now is at 39’, lowest it got was 29-31’.......
                Weathermen got the forecast right this time! Last week I figured it wouldn’t get this cold, I was definitely wrong....
                As far as a fish kill in the Bay! Won’t know the event until the water warms a bit and they start to float, but if the dead fish stays down long enough, you won’t see it float, then it will be hard to access the damage. I’ll post Saturday if I see something interesting. Going over to the Harbor in a few to look again
                THANKS again Leemo for the updates! Gotta take you to dinner sometimes!

Comment

Thanks from me too Leemo. Appreciate the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    This event is child's play compared to 83 and 89.
                    I think you spoke too soon...

Comment

What are some of the lows projected for the coast tonight and tomorrow night?

Comment

Just got back from driving down the beach, about 4 miles down starting seeing dead trout , croakers etc.... washed up, my thinking is they died in the bay or channels and the tide carried them out and the washed ashore, there’s not a lot of fish washed up, but enough scattered here and there to make you wonder??
                        I didn’t drive behind 3-mile(was in my dually), May go later to 3 mile in my Beach Truck. Blowing hard out of the North now, cold tonight and tomorrow night, spoke to my retired Chief Biologist buddy on the phone, he predicts not much could have survived, too cold to long, in the event of a kill, there’s still hope for you fishermen, lots of good Broodstock in the Gulf, both trout and reds!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          This is supposedly rockport.
                          Buddy of mine just sent me that same pic and said it was from Port A, so now I'm kinda wondering about it's validity.

Comment

Fish kills?

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Buddy of mine just sent me that same pic and said it was from Port A, so now I'm kinda wondering about it's validity.

There’s not much difference. Just opposite sides of the bay.

Comment

Just got back from driving down the beach, about 4 miles down starting seeing dead trout , croakers etc.... washed up, my thinking is they died in the bay or channels and the tide carried them out and the washed ashore, there’s not a lot of fish washed up, but enough scattered here and there to make you wonder??

I didn’t drive behind 3-mile(was in my dually), May go later to 3 mile in my Beach Truck. Blowing hard out of the North now, cold tonight and tomorrow night, spoke to my retired Chief Biologist buddy on the phone, he predicts not much could have survived, too cold to long, in the event of a kill, there’s still hope for you fishermen, lots of good Broodstock in the Gulf, both trout and reds!
                              Thanks for getting us real updates and not sisters barber cousin stuff

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                There’s not much difference. Just opposite sides of the bay.
                                Gotcha. I didn’t realize that.

Comment

Working...
                                X