Owl Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owl Box

Hopefully, the diverse wisdom of the green screen can help. I live in north Comal Co. and wondering when is the best time to put up an owl box on the back of my property and which kind of box? Size?? Many thanks!

Make something the size of a deer stand and pray they don't get in it and you'll be covered up in no time

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Make something the size of a deer stand and pray they don't get in it and you'll be covered up in no time

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] If that's not the truth! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yup cleaned out a few of those... but 2 springs ago buzzards got into my blind and nested.....that was...a mess to clean. Blind still stinks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
            Yup cleaned out a few of those... but 2 springs ago buzzards got into my blind and nested.....that was...a mess to clean. Blind still stinks.
            Cover scent?

Comment

You want the box to be inaccessible to squirrels, and the box should face towards the east. It might take a few years for owls to move in.

Comment

This link is not for the plans but I think you can find some on the Wild Birds Unlimited page.

WBU Owl Cam with interior and exterior owl nest box camera views. Watch the Barred Owls' activity and later see their nestlings.

Comment

This is the first owl that we have had (maybe noticed) in a year or two. In previous years they have raised owlets.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      This is the first owl that we have had (maybe noticed) in a year or two. In previous years they have raised owlets.
                      What's the size of that hole roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        What's the size of that hole roughly?
                        I don't recollect, should just be able to Google "screech owl box" and get the dimensions as I built it via plans on WWW.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          I don't recollect, should just be able to Google "screech owl box" and get the dimensions as I built it via plans on WWW.

How do you keep the squirrels, woodpeckers, etc out of it?

Comment

Squirrels do get in it, but the owl should win. No issue with other birds.

Comment

I support those who support owls

Comment

Working...
                              X