Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm as nervous at a cat! Opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one bad cat......

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Ok what makes cats so hard to do??
      Edit. Don't want an infraction.

Comment

Hilarious!

Comment

...tagged for the free entertainment aspect only.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Edit. Don't want an infraction.

Double edit after a little change in word usage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok what makes mounting bobcats,mountain lion, and coyotes so hard to do taxidermy stuff on?

[emoji3][emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                This is a picture I sent the guy when he asked me how I wanted my bobcat to look

NAILED IT!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                In my opinion, Wildlife Artist does the best cats, bar none. Most taxidermists, even the good ones, aren't in his league when it comes to cats. I can't even afford to guess what he charges.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
                  In my opinion, Wildlife Artist does the best cats, bar none. Most taxidermists, even the good ones, aren't in his league when it comes to cats. I can't even afford to guess what he charges.
                  my guesstimate , somewhere around $1250 +/- a few

Comment

Ok what makes cats so hard to do??
                    probably the eyes or really the pupils. most cats look cross-eyed because of the slanted pupils. pupils should be slightly slanted on top. Top eye lid should barely cover the top of the pupil and you should be able to see the little space between the bottom of the pupil and the bottom lid. Also back corn of eye should be up hire than further back that any other animals.

second would be the ears a lot of people spread them out too far.

All that being said I'm to chicken to work on my first one.... but I've done some extensive research hoping I don't mess up too bad.

A guy came out with a bobcat head "easy face system" it make great reference. I think it really helps gets the eyes set. These still need a little adjustment.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                      probably the eyes or really the pupils. most cats look cross-eyed because of the slanted pupils. pupils should be slightly slanted on top. Top eye lid should barely cover the top of the pupil and you should be able to see the little space between the bottom of the pupil and the bottom lid. Also back corn of eye should be up hire than further back that any other animals.

second would be the ears a lot of people spread them out too far.

All that being said I'm to chicken to work on my first one.... but I've done some extensive research hoping I don't mess up too bad.

A guy came out with a bobcat head "easy face system" it make great reference. I think it really helps gets the eyes set. These still need a little adjustment.

Dang man. I had one that I would have given you for practice. Looks like you're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Dang man. I had one that I would have given you for practice. Looks like you're on the right track.
                        Ha thanks but my freezers are pretty full of cats... I need to just tan some out because I think I'm up to about 10. wanted to make sure i had some spares just in case...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
                          That cat itself is spectacular to start off with...it most certainly is a specialty item only a handful master.

Comment

and this boys and girls is why you never for any reason get a bobcat mounted

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              and this boys and girls is why you never for any reason get a bobcat mounted

bobcat skins on the sofa or on the wall look cool, are less expensive and almost always turn out right...

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                bobcat skins on the sofa or on the wall look cool, are less expensive and almost always turn out right...
                                yep

Comment

Working...
                                X