No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw one of the oldest bucks, if not oldest on our place Friday evening. 7:15 though and just too dark from the box Blind

Comment

I gave this one a nap Saturday evening. First private land buck in 7 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

BW96 that’s a stud. Congrats. Love the flyers on his g2s. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          This weekend was a dud for deer sightings compared to the first 2 weekends on our place. I expected more activity with the cold front.
          I would have to agree the worst. So much for listening to Garguy[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Years ago I used to go trampling around everywhere down all the trails looking for fresh rubs and scrapes as time has gone by I quit doing that. I stay out of the woods period. It belongs to the deer and I don’t put un-needed pressure on them. At one of my locations I have a creek about 500 yards from my rifle blind. In 4 years I’ve hunted there I’ve never walked any of the many trails to the creek. I want to and probably will soon enough to find a good bow stand location. But until then I just let the deer be deer. That doesn’t make me a better hunter than anyone in fact it probably makes me less of a hunter. It’s just one of my many pet peeves when it comes to hunting. Minimize human intrusion just makes sense to me. Now along ROWs and roads I’m always looking for scrapes and rubs but seldom see any.
            You always want to leave the deer a sanctuary area where they never see or smell a human. When they get pressured you know where they will be.

Comment

[QUOTE=BW96;15879211]I gave this one a nap Saturday evening. First private land buck in 7 years.

That's a nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                Years ago I used to go trampling around everywhere down all the trails looking for fresh rubs and scrapes as time has gone by I quit doing that. I stay out of the woods period. It belongs to the deer and I don’t put un-needed pressure on them. At one of my locations I have a creek about 500 yards from my rifle blind. In 4 years I’ve hunted there I’ve never walked any of the many trails to the creek. I want to and probably will soon enough to find a good bow stand location. But until then I just let the deer be deer. That doesn’t make me a better hunter than anyone in fact it probably makes me less of a hunter. It’s just one of my many pet peeves when it comes to hunting. Minimize human intrusion just makes sense to me. Now along ROWs and roads I’m always looking for scrapes and rubs but seldom see any.
                Man that's pretty much exactly how we hunt em. Hunt right on the edges with sanctuaries that are forbidden zones .

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

He'll do

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck and congrats! Man he's pretty.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a great weekend of hunting, even though I didn't shoot anything. I saw deer every sit and had a few shot opportunities. Yesterday they were really moving around 10:30-Noon. Today they were active all morning, and I watched a beautiful 8 point at 10 yards for quite a while. He made a scrape about 30 yards away and gave the bush a thrashing.
                      I could hear grunting and chasing back in the thick stuff until almost noon.

Logging roads are full of tracks where there were hardly any last week. You can even smell the musky scent of rutting bucks hanging in the air.

The other guys on the lease (feeder watchers) saw very few deer but shot some hogs.

GarGuy was dead on...it has started.

Comment

Yep. Great buck, 96. Those G2 flyers are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Man that's pretty much exactly how we hunt em. Hunt right on the edges with sanctuaries that are forbidden zones .
                          Yep. Just like goose hunting where you NEVER shoot the roost, just catch them coming and going.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Still waiting on a buck to show up over here.

Comment

Beautiful buck!! Congratulations!

Comment

All of our doe's are still showing up in groups with yearlings. Zero rut activity on our place in San Augustine county last weekend or this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X