2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Looks like we got a full moon (the hunter’s moon) coming Wednesday. With the rut now kicked off, does anyone have any insight about when the best days to be in the stand would be?
    I always liked hunting all day on the full moon

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I always liked hunting all day on the full moon
      You notice more or less movement in the days before and/or after?

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
        Dang, she looks like she could fill a freezer. lol

Unfortunately I am not able to take advantage of this great weather this weekend. Might try couple days end of next week, but first week of November is looking to be my next long attempt.

Good luck to you and all out in the woods this weekend.

J
        Yea, she was begging for it but I already have filled my 2 doe tags for Montgomery County this season. Hopefully my son and lease partner will kill a few. No shortage of does on this place.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

You notice more or less movement in the days before and/or after?
          Leading up to it

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            Leading up to it
            Then maybe I shouldn’t come home Monday night like I was thinking. Lol

Comment

Sunday morning bump. Gonna pull cards Monday and probably start hunting tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning. How was y’all’s sit this morning during the chill?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                Sunday morning bump. Gonna pull cards Monday and probably start hunting tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning. How was y’all’s sit this morning during the chill?
                It’s been a LOT quieter on here and the Texas Hunting Forum than I thought it given the circumstances.

Comment

It’s been a LOT quieter on here and the Texas Hunting Forum than I thought it given the circumstances.
                  Well in three hunt I saw 8 bucks. Four of them over 6 yrs old. Pretty good for me.

Comment

This weekend was a dud for deer sightings compared to the first 2 weekends on our place. I expected more activity with the cold front.

Comment

Yeap. Feeder activities are zilch cept for youngsters and does....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Well in three hunt I saw 8 bucks. Four of them over 6 yrs old. Pretty good for me.
                        Sir you ARE the bell curve

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          This weekend was a dud for deer sightings compared to the first 2 weekends on our place. I expected more activity with the cold front.
                          Acorns are falling and there’s quite a bit of hardwood over there where you are hunting. My BIL drove me past y’all’s place last week. Through the last 30 years driving that area I see a lot of deer crossing over on that road.

Comment

My north east Texas sit was disappointing. Figured the cool would move em in day time despite big night moon. Saw three do when I was leaving out this afternoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Yeap. Feeder activities are zilch cept for youngsters and does....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Man that buck sure is thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Acorns are falling and there’s quite a bit of hardwood over there where you are hunting. My BIL drove me past y’all’s place last week. Through the last 30 years driving that area I see a lot of deer crossing over on that road.
                                The mature bucks were hitting the hand corn and sweet feed hard at night this weekend. I saw some pigs, does, and young bucks during daylight but nothing I wanted to shoot. I did make a mock scrape on my way out of the woods yesterday and it was tore up and worked pretty hard this afternoon on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X