X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop... just stop.

See ya at 105.

Comment

They rolled away all the grass from minutemaid....
      Gettin some new blades..

Comment

Comment

Cool note on Springer he is down 15#’s.. focused less on strength and more on speed for this offseason. In the past he has come in at 235. He is 220 this year... 3 stolen bases in his first few spring games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vegas has the Astros with the highest win total for all MLB teams with the over/under being set at 97.5 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
              Vegas has the Astros with the highest win total for all MLB teams with the over/under being set at 97.5 wins.

That is interesting since there were 3 100+ win teams last year and it seems to be even more of a have and have not American League this year. I guess it just shows how incredibly hard it is to achieve 100 wins.

In other news, Keuchel remains unsigned. It seems no one is offering more than a 3 year deal and some are 1 year deals. Boras overplayed his hand on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                That is interesting since there were 3 100+ win teams last year and it seems to be even more of a have and have not American League this year. I guess it just shows how incredibly hard it is to achieve 100 wins.

In other news, Keuchel remains unsigned. It seems no one is offering more than a 3 year deal and some are 1 year deals. Boras overplayed his hand on this one.
                As far as I know, none of the projection models have ever predicted a 100 win team.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  As far as I know, none of the projection models have ever predicted a 100 win team.
                  And there have been 6 100+ win teams in the last two years. Vegas may have to tweak their model. I guess Im going to have to lay down some cash on the over for the Astros. You know, put my money where my mouth is!

Comment

And there have been 6 100+ win teams in the last two years. Vegas may have to tweak their model. I guess Im going to have to lay down some cash on the over for the Astros. You know, put my money where my mouth is!
                    Well, vegas isn't trying to project wins. They are trying to get even money on both sides of a bet.

But, the statistical projection systems at Fangraphs, BP, etc are probably within their margin of error if a 97 win projection team wins 100. Any statistical model is going to have trouble with the tail ends of both curves.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Well, vegas isn't trying to project wins. They are trying to get even money on both sides of a bet.

But, the statistical projection systems at Fangraphs, BP, etc are probably within their margin of error if a 97 win projection team wins 100. Any statistical model is going to have trouble with the tail ends of both curves.
                      We know how Vegas works my friend and absolutely understand statistical projection. Let's not make this too heavy of a conversation. Just having some fun baseball talk about a team that is poised to do very well if it stays healthy.

Comment

Altuve scratched from today’s lineup

Comment

Yeah I’ve heard both that the Stros and Phillies are still in on talks with Kuechel. Both are rumored to be short term deals like you are talking. Sign me up for 2 years 32 million if we could get it.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                            Altuve scratched from today’s lineup

“Discomfort” lol [emoji23]

bregman left yesterday’s game with back tightness. Hopefully just early season tweaks

Comment

Eff HEB commercials.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                Yeah I’ve heard both that the Stros and Phillies are still in on talks with Kuechel. Both are rumored to be short term deals like you are talking. Sign me up for 2 years 32 million if we could get it.

I agree. He was offered 100+ mil and turned it down this offseason

Comment

Working...
                                X