Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH Lost Another Great Member - RIP Eric Pence *****Updated with Service Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric was my cousin, my brother

I was born six weeks before him. He was my "brother" before my brother was born. And just like brothers we played, fought, tattled on each other and got in trouble together. We grew up together in a wonderful supportive family of aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins.
    We even had the opportunity to hunt together.
    Strangley enough growing up, I was raised in a hunting family and its all I've ever known. I was envious of him growing up because he had the cool MX bikes, rock posters in his room and even got to go to concerts. Later on in life he confessed he was envious of me, for how I was raised in a hunting family.
    We he told me of his diagnosis I kept putting a positive spin on everything to help keep his spirits up and outlook strong. I never let a day pass that I didnt reach out to him and see how he was feeling. Often I would try to invite him and Kelly out of the house to "just get out" and get their minds off of the situation. I managed to suceed a few times. I Thank God everyday for the time I had with my brother.
    I know he had concerns about all of this and he told me how he truly felt.
    I assured him anyone would have the same concerns as him in his position.
    I tried my best to give him everything I had for support to bring him through this, because I wanted him to beat this. We were planning a goose hunt for this fall and as always he offered to take me to his Sonora deer lease.
    I keep looking at the conversations we texted back and forth, remember the phone calls
    and times hanging out with him just taking about our kids, wives, dogs, hunting and getting old. He had a heart of gold under that coarse exterior he would often put up, but I consider myself to be blessed to have grown up with such a great man and him to be blood to me.

I'll see you on the other side my brother, just know I miss you.
    But I will smile knowing God received a tremendous gift when you arrived.
    #F@#KCANCER

Comment

So sad to read this. I was really hoping for a different outcome. We will be keeping his family in our thoughts.

Comment

I haven't been here in a couple of years but when I saw this on facebook I wanted to stop in.

My prayers to his family, while I didn't know Eric I spent years up here and what was clear was how much he loved life, his family and his wife. Candidly the way he talked about his wife was a great example for all of us men. Prayers for his family during this very tough time.

I also know that the friendships up here were long and deep. I pray for all of you that were close to him . . . . . have peace in knowing that he is paid free and with a God that loves him dearly.

Comment

Forest Ridge Funeral Home, funeral home, funeral home in North Richland Hills TX, funeral services, traditional funeral service, cremation, embalming, caskets, urns, funeral flowers, pre-need, funeral arrangement, funeral pre-arrangement, funeral planning

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            For those of us who can't make the Hurst service, I'd like to see candles lit at Bownanza or some other kind of tribute. A remembrance is in order. I know there will be many a toast. I'm sure the powers that be will figure something out.

God bless the Pence family.

God bless Eric.

That tribute we did for John Lee with the flaming arrows would be nice

Stuck here in Montana for work, it was just too pretty a day up here yesterday to hear the news. But when the Good Lord calls you must answer.

Via con Dios Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heard about this yesterday through another TBH’er. Man it’s sure seems he went fast.

Prayers to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So saddened by this. He was a good one! Rest east friend!

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Oh man, what a kick in the gut!! I have not been on here in a few days, and I sure am sorry to see this at the top of the page. We have truly lost one of the good guys in Eric! I am so, so sorry for the earthly loss, but Hallelujah I rejoice knowing that Eric was a brother in Christ and is eternally healed!! Praise Jesus for that!

Lord God, we mourn the earthly loss of our friend Eric. It is not for us to know why, but to have faith that You Lord are Master of all this. We'll understand some day in That Day when we all meet together to live along side Eric and so many other friends and family members who have gone on ahead of us. Lord we thank You for the Way You gave us to come to You. We are just in awe of the fact that You love all of us so much that You gave Your only Son for us to provide a Way to be cleansed from our sins and all unrighteousness. Lord we are so very glad that Eric had put his faith in Your Son and that he is eternally healed with a glorified perfect body with no more pain, sorrow or sadness. Lord we ask that You bring comfort to Eric's family to Kelly and the kids. We know they are mournful and that a time of mourning and sorrow is right and just, but in the right time Lord, I ask You to show them the joy that is in the Hope that You bring. Show them that they too will know You and be once again reunited with their dad, husband and friend in that Great Day. Lord, thank You for ending Eric's suffering and giving him that eternal comfort and peace that we all yearn for some day. Whatever our time is Lord God, show us how to be a strong witness for You and to be good stewards of the time You give us. Lord bathe this family with Your supernatural peace that is comforting and soothing as they mourn. Give them a Light that will shot them The Way to their Joy in the right time. We Love You Lord and we ask these things in the strong and powerful name of Jesus Your Son Amen.

Comment

Prayers sent for all. Never met Eric but it was easy to figure out he was a great friend, Father and Husband. RIP

Comment

Prayers up for the Pence family and friends

Comment

RIP Eric, prayers sent.

Comment

Eric you will be missed my Friend!!
                          You spoke with me often about missing your Father and wish you had more time with him and how Family is most important!
                          You helped me to be a better Son and father as well as husband!!!
                          I will miss the talks my Friend!!!!

Just found out about this yesterday.

Rest now Brother!!!

Ron

Comment

RIP bro. Fcancer

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just heard this sad news today. Please let us know if there is anything we can do or help with for Kelly and the family in any way possible. You will be missed but never forgotten and for what you did for our family and the lives you touched and inspired up here. God Speed Eric<><
                                Last edited by sticshooter; 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X