Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    oh...ok... only roads I know down there are are unit 1 and when I was there it was about 2' high in grass. I hope they are gonna cut it before the hunt.
    8 has some gravel roads in it also. Last year they mowed the roads pretty good. It was hell on bike tires bc of the thorns that were scattered on the roads.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      8 has some gravel roads in it also. Last year they mowed the roads pretty good. It was hell on bike tires bc of the thorns that were scattered on the roads.
      Fill up the tires with tire sealant and a little bit of air. Hahahaha...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        Fill up the tires with tire sealant and a little bit of air. Hahahaha...

Exactly. I didn’t have any but saw a bunch of guys with flats.

Comment

I called and and left a message for them to call me back. I still have not heard from them. I have to work at 3 pm on Wednesday. I cannot take another day off. They said if we did not attend the orientation then we could not hunt. It's like they are trying to see how many hunters they can disqualify by them not attending the orientation. Just my opinion but oh well.
          I would assume since they changed the orientation time from 9 to 3 they would accommodate those that can't make the later. Good luck.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

A question on this scouting as it states in the regulations. If you are allowed to scout the day before a hunt after you complete the hunter orientation, why would the orientation change from 9 am to 3 pm?

Comment

i think the orientation time changed due to logistics/ facilities there in Los Fresnos.

Comment

I have a fishing cabin rented for the week (2nd Hunt 11/30-12/4) right on the Arroyo Colorado on the North side of the Laguna Atascosa property. The cabin has it's own fishing dock and lights. I originally was meeting other friends to fish/hunt all week. The other groups plans fell apart. So now, I have a place that sleeps 8 for just my son and I.
                Are there any groups of hunters that may be interested in a place to stay for the week to help defer costs?
                If so IM me with your group size and plans. I would like to find a group that would be a good fit and wants to have a badazz place to hunt from/crash/rest/fish/hang/enjoy.

Comment

Awesome offer, wish it was the next hunt the 7th -11th, my buddy and I still need to book a place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, if scouting is allowed the day before one hunts, why not go over as a park visitor on some other non hunting day to just look around?

Comment

For those of you that went to the orientation last year how long did it last?

Comment

A half hour of lecture and then another half to get signed off

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                          Also, if scouting is allowed the day before one hunts, why not go over as a park visitor on some other non hunting day to just look around?

No reason not to. They used language that implied they'd PREFER not getting out into the refuge until orientation. I took that as a you may at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter806 View Post
                            May want to check their rules first. Not 100% but thought I saw where it said they didn’t want anyone attaching anything to the trees. Again I don’t remember exactly what it said but might want to check just to CYA.

Granger Lake rules also state no stands/blinds left over 72 hours but we all know that's a bust. Saw stands there from the 1990's.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Granger Lake rules also state no stands/blinds left over 72 hours but we all know that's a bust. Saw stands there from the 1990's.
                              Yea true but LANWR staff is way way way less lenient on rule breaking. They will gladly show you your way off the premises and add you to the don't come back list. Them Federal wardens can be deeks if you make them mad.

Comment

For those of you that went to the orientation last year how long did it last?

I’d say it lasted about an hour. It should only last about 30 min but everyone seems to ask questions that were already answered which drags it out

Comment

Working...
                                X