Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
    Hey All,

From what I’ve read thus far it seems like the most preferred hunting method are ground blinds or hunting light with a tripod seat and maybe Camo netting - for those with experience there for whitetail do y’all setup on the edge of thick brush and clearings? Thanks!

After researching as much as possible I’ll be using a small folding chair or stool and some camo netting wrapped around it to use if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      After researching as much as possible I’ll be using a small folding chair or stool and some camo netting wrapped around it to use if need be.

That's what we did last year and plan on doing again this year! i would suggest hanging your orange hat or vest up somewhere so other hunters know your sitting there and don't come walking through your sit.

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
        That's what we did last year and plan on doing again this year! i would suggest hanging your orange hat or vest up somewhere so other hunters know your sitting there and don't come walking through your sit.

Good idea. Thank you, gonna give it a try. Hope someone doesn’t think I lost it and decide to take it. [emoji12]

Comment

I’m curious What are y’alls thoughts on a novice hunter doing his first hunting trip there? From what I’ve read here this place almost seems too tough even for the seasoned outdoorsman - thanks in advance!

Comment

I’m curious What are y’alls thoughts on a novice hunter doing his first hunting trip there? From what I’ve read here this place almost seems too tough even for the seasoned outdoorsman - thanks in advance!

I’m pretty novice myself, especially when it comes to bow hunting. Challenge yourself! Study study

Comment

Agree with Highway, challenge yourself and find out what you're made of. At minimum you'll discover more about yourself.
              What dates are you out there?

Comment

We'll be there on 11/16-11/20. I plan on getting there the night of 14th and scouting on 15th

Comment

Just curious if any has tried or thought of using a platform ladder? if so, what height would y'all recommend (3', 4', or higher?)?

I've heard that for this area one of the more preferred and successful methods is to use a tripod - since they're heavy and costly has anyone used a platform of some type to hunt from - thanks

Comment

Just curious if any has tried or thought of using a platform ladder? if so, what height would y'all recommend (3', 4', or higher?)?

I've heard that for this area one of the more preferred and successful methods is to use a tripod - since they're heavy and costly has anyone used a platform of some type to hunt from - thanks

Are you talking more of a tree stand type of platform?

Comment

No - just a regular twin step ladder that you can find in hardware store - around 4ft and sit on top of it. Do y'all think it would add any benefit to be sitting 4ft up rather than using a folding tripod? Thanks

Comment

need something you can sit in for a while comfortably. I am gonna bring a small tripod and a pop up & use the one that best fits the situation.

I will always bring a pop up in case of bad weather. I can sit all day watching it rain...if I am dry

Comment

I'm not opposed to rain when I'm there. Close distance on those dang nilgai

Comment

We'll be there on 11/16-11/20. I plan on getting there the night of 14th and scouting on 15th

Orientation on the 15th, correct?
                            Also, I used step ladder stands years ago, screwed a boat seat to the top. Not the most stable but worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                              Orientation on the 15th, correct?
                              Also, I used step ladder stands years ago, screwed a boat seat to the top. Not the most stable but worked.

This could work. Romulan, maybe find a tree with enough open area near the trunk to secure the legs of ladder to with a ratchet or cam buckle strap.

Comment

Just got approved for time off for the whole hunt! I’ll be there the 16th - 20th to redeem last years miss!

Comment

Working...
                                X