Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drone with Thermal Camera for Locating Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
    E X A C T L Y my first thought upon reading the statute. I've been fortunate to hunt some awfully nice ranches and they ALL, without exception, conducted wildlife/deer surveys from the air.

I wonder if the permit is issued to the helicopter operator or the landowner or both? I also wonder the exact qualifications of an applicant to be issued a permit??

Also, if a landowner isn't hunting in any way, shape, or form it's certainly a governmental invasion of landowner rights to tell them they can't survey their legally owned property via the air.... IMOP.
    The landowner doesnt own the wildlife other than exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      The landowner doesnt own the wildlife other than exotics.
      No, I understand that....

I'm referring to a landowner simply flying their property and filming it via a drone. I own 30 acres, do I have to ask the government to fly over it and film via a drone just because wildlife resides upon my land?? If so, then that's another example of government overreach IMOP.
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-10-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

No, I understand that....

I'm referring to a landowner simply flying their property and filming it via a drone. I own 30 acres, do I have to ask the government to fly out it and film via a drone just because wildlife resides upon my land?? If so, then that's another example of government overreact IMOP.
        That seems to be a-ok. Intent matters, now if you were buzzing deer out of their beds that would be a whole other thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          That seems to be a-ok. Intent matters, now if you were buzzing deer out of their beds that would be a whole other thing.
          Sure hope so... If not then I guess I'm a criminal 😉

Comment

Entrapment . Illegal in most states. I participated in the last Wildlife committee meeting and they reviewed several cases of illegally used drones and the related punishment/fines.

Comment

Sure hope so... If not then I guess I'm a criminal [emoji6]
              Anyone seen or heard from slicefixer lately. I hope the guys in the black suburban didn't pick him up!!! Lol

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                Anyone seen or heard from slicefixer lately. I hope the guys in the black suburban didn't pick him up!!! Lol

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                Still standing Mr sotol, barely, but that's due to being old and fat....hehehe

Let me clarify, just for the sake of the record, I've never flown a drone over MY land with a THERMAL camera attached.
                However, given the opportunity I might...😉

Comment

Real Estate firms fly and film ranches all the time with drones. I'm sure they capture some pics of wildlife.

Comment

I fly my high fence place all the time, mostly to get head counts and photos.

Comment

I'm actually surprised they don't allow it for pigs

Comment

Love me some thermal in August on those velvet bucks

Comment

Working...
                        X