Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding molasas to feed?

hi gang -

So we feed record rack feed here in Louisiana in a 750 acre high fence. the antler size is good but not great. wondering if we can add molasas to the feed to make them eat more? or add something else?? any suggestions on how to fatten them up!? thx scott

Sounds like a job for double down (kidding). You are already feeding protein I wouldn't add molasses. How're your food plots and natural browse?

Comment

Do what this guy does

Comment

I use 12% all stock sweet feed from TSC which contains molasses and they eat it like pigs. The protein percentage isn't as high but they gorge themselves on it and it's $10 per 50lb bag. I mix one bag of corn to 100lbs of sweet feed and it flows well in my gravity feeder.

Comment

I put out a tub in a feed pen. The deer ran from it and the cows crushed the hog panels getting to it!

Comment

I would think the ants would get bad around it. They may not but they seem to get on anything sweet left laying around.

Comment

You can use dry molasses. It is small flakes. I mixed it with salt in my mineral stations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thank you guys for the responses. i may try the flakes to see how it does. We plant food plots and they get devoured... we are going to kill a bunch of does this winter to take population down. thx!

Comment

Working...
                X