No announcement yet.

A little upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife taught first and kinder and they were required to pile the kids supplies on a table then equally pass it back out.... She homeschools now

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      I think I’d also go with this.

Not saying the OP has done this (at all), but some of these responses make it clear that many people will/would believe a story their young child tells them without confirming with the teacher.

And we wonder how we wind up with so many helpless adults....
      You’re right.

Comment

They do the same crap where we are.. I don't see how any teacher has to come out of pocket with the amount of pencils and packs of paper on the list.. they tried to put printer paper on the list this year.. I told the wife to send him 1 of everything on the list with his name on it.. I'm not buying printer paper when I pay so much in school taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          They do the same crap where we are.. I don't see how any teacher has to come out of pocket with the amount of pencils and packs of paper on the list.. they tried to put printer paper on the list this year.. I told the wife to send him 1 of everything on the list with his name on it.. I'm not buying printer paper when I pay so much in school taxes.
          They also asked for a package of manilla folders lol why the hell would a 2nd grader need manilla folders? I never saw a manilla folder till I started working in a office when I was younger.

Comment

When we were younger all you needed was a backpack some crayons pencils pens folders binders with paper inside. The list is getting ridiculous.

Comment

My youngest is in Kindergarten, and like we did with our older one, we ordered his supplies through the school. On meet the teacher night we made sure it was there and the teacher said it was but on the first day it goes in a big pile with everyone else's and gets passed out as needed. We're not in a school where many of the kids won't bring supplies but if a kid uses a glue stick I paid for when his parents didn't bring one I'm not losing sleep over it.

My parents had to buy three boxes of Kleenex every year as part of my supplies. I've never blown my nose once in 36 years.

Comment

yeah i would not be a happy camper either.

Our education system sucks, teachers are awesome people being set up to fail by the system. 4 years ago my wife started teaching in a not so great part of a different town but she loved it and felt like she was making a difference in some of their lives. A few months in she came home with bruises from one of the boys hitting her. She reported it but admin did nothing and it happened a few more time same outcome. Went in to year two and it was deja vu, 2nd time she came with a little shiner bc when she knelt down one of them punched her. Told her I would be attending class the next day and dad was getting an arse whipping when he dropped the kid off and then the principal was next, I don't hit my wife and no one else will either. She started crying and begging long story short she no longer works in education but coaches privately. Really wish our society still had a backbone

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                  Yep that’s what I was thinking too. I would think the school district would help teachers a little more. Like what was mentioned above they build new football stadiums buy new uniforms every year for sports. (I played sports) just venting a bit.
                  Teacher gets a desk, chairs and chalk board (or whatever they’re using now). All the decorations on the walls, supplies not brought by kids....all supplied by the teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    My youngest is in Kindergarten, and like we did with our older one, we ordered his supplies through the school. On meet the teacher night we made sure it was there and the teacher said it was but on the first day it goes in a big pile with everyone else's and gets passed out as needed. We're not in a school where many of the kids won't bring supplies but if a kid uses a glue stick I paid for when his parents didn't bring one I'm not losing sleep over it.

My parents had to buy three boxes of Kleenex every year as part of my supplies. I've never blown my nose once in 36 years.
                    I don’t mind helping others I enjoy helping and sharing but the school has donation boxes and supply drives throughout the summer. The kids get excited to get their cool supplies, glitter glue scented pencils or whatever lit is they like lol. Like stated above I live in a city where parent priorities are all kinds of screwed up there’s money for everything else but school necessities. And I literal LoL’d in the Kleenex part.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                      Teacher gets a desk, chairs and chalk board (or whatever they’re using now). All the decorations on the walls, supplies not brought by kids....all supplied by the teacher.
                      That’s crazy! But now that I think about it while in school it’s nice to have a well decorated classroom it made it fun. I was in rooms that were decorated from wall to wall and others that had one or 2 posters. I honestly wish teachers got paid way more I know it’s a profession that one loves and doesn’t do it for the money.

Comment

Sorry for all the venting. First world problems I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                          I don’t mind helping others I enjoy helping and sharing but the school has donation boxes and supply drives throughout the summer. The kids get excited to get their cool supplies, glitter glue scented pencils or whatever lit is they like lol. Like stated above I live in a city where parent priorities are all kinds of screwed up there’s money for everything else but school necessities. And I literal LoL’d in the Kleenex part.
                          The specialty folders and other supplies I completely agree. Shouldn't be difficult to keep those with the kid that brought them. My luck I would end up with some girls My Little Pony folder.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            They need printer paper because the tests they give kids nowadays require more paper because of the “curriculum standards”. I’m about to be 22 so I’ve seen what most of y’all are seeing in my later highschool years and remember how it was when I was still in elementary and middle school. So I waited till my first day of homework before I went and bought what I needed for each class. Me being me it wasn’t much since I’d shove my homework in my back pack and not in a folder. But I knew how it was gonna go beforehand. It gets easier in middle and highschool with all that. But it’s still the point.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              The specialty folders and other supplies I completely agree. Shouldn't be difficult to keep those with the kid that brought them. My luck I would end up with some girls My Little Pony folder.
                              Or powerpuff girls lol

Comment

Theft

Theft

Comment

Working...
                                X