First attempt at long rang- I’m hooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt at long rang- I’m hooked

Never thought about long range. At the ranch this weekend my buddy had his 6BR and we put a metal plate out at 880 yards. It sure was fun listening to the plinks. 4 shot group
    Attached Files

That's good shooting.

Comment

no turning back now!

Comment

My brother in law had never shot LR before. I put him behind my WTO built 6.5 SAUM at 1278 with a nasty 15-18 cross wind, and had him run 4/5 on a 12” gong. He was instantly hooked, and now he has a 6.5 PRC coming.

Comment

Oh yeah welcome to the disease it only gets expensive from here

Comment

Good shooting!

Comment

That’s some good shooting for sure. Welcome to the sport.

Comment

Go to a PRS match at CCC in Navasota on the second Saturday of the month. Big fun. Prepare your wallet, it's going to start hurting.

Comment

I’ve built custom hunting rifles but this is a new beast. Looking forward to the new adventure and stretching the limits. At the ranch we are building a birm at 1050 yards 😳

Comment

This is why i have been avoiding it like the plague. I have too many expensive hobbies as it is and I'm one of those people that will go all in at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Now you can kiss your wallet goodbye, lol.

Comment

I'd love to try it

Comment

It's a blast. Started out messing around at 400ish yds with factory hunting rifles. Now i have 2 custom bolt guns I've shot out to 1k and a 3rd on the way when we get the APR TBH special ironed out.

I love it and loves hunting at mid ranges (550 is my farthest shot on a doe)

Comment

Very bad habit for sure, I have been shooting my custom at 1800 yrds very addicting.

Comment

What calibers do you all shoot? this was a 6BR and was fun. Just wondering what everyone else shoots

Comment

Working...
                              X