Browning X-Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning X-Bolt

Anyone have a Browning X-Bolt? I am currently looking at getting one in 300WM.
    I've read the reviews on it in various forums, compared against other Rifle makes, and am feeling confident about it. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger so I figured I'd post up on the GS and see what y'all have to say. Any info is much appreciated!

Brownings are tack drivers out of the box. Don't hesitate.

Comment

I’m in the same boat- Lol!

Comment

I have an X Bolt Medallion in .270. Great gun.

Comment

I have a 270 win its a great light gun.

Comment

That's what I like to hear! I'm looking at the Hell's Canyon.

Comment

Got my wife the micro hunter in 308 and shoots ragged holes with factory ammo.

Comment

I have 3 x bolt medallions . Great guns

Comment

Don't have an X-Bolt, but I've had an A-Bolt in .300 WSM for many years. I bought it during the "lawyer trigger" years and had to replace the trigger spring, otherwise a great gun. If I were to buy a new bolt gun, it would be the X-Bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    Brownings are tack drivers out of the box. Don't hesitate.
                    ∆∆∆∆∆ this for sure. Abolt or Xbolt.

Originally posted by MDemel View Post
                    That's what I like to hear! I'm looking at the Hell's Canyon.
                    ^^^^^^^^ Sweet gun for sure but the price point would steer me to a custom rig built.

Comment

Have a Browning x bolt hells canyon. Love it and it's a tack driver. Fit and finish is amazing and honestly made me love Browning more. Have a Maxis shotgun as well.

Comment

I had a White Gold Medallion 300 Win Mag. They are ok, not much choices in ring mounts available, for what it costs a picatinny rail would be a lot better. Accuracy was good after a bedding job and some trigger work. For what I had stuck in the gun to make it shoot, I could have had one built at APR.

I sold it and had a rifle built.
                        Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                          ∆∆∆∆∆ this for sure. Abolt or Xbolt.

^^^^^^^^ Sweet gun for sure but the price point would steer me to a custom rig built.
                          I previously got carried away with AR builds and wanted to get away from that. I think eventually I will build. My goal for the time being is to have a solid big game platform out of the box and if adjustments need to be made or I find I need to upgrade down the line I will.

Comment

Don't know about the newer x-bolt but we have a 90's A-bolt thats a tack driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Don't have an X-Bolt, but I've had an A-Bolt in .300 WSM for many years. I bought it during the "lawyer trigger" years and had to replace the trigger spring, otherwise a great gun. If I were to buy a new bolt gun, it would be the X-Bolt.
                              They have the FeatherTrigger in it now, should come stock set at 3.5lb, and adjustable down to 3lb and up to 5lb. Definitely looking forward to picking it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X