No announcement yet.

2022 High School Baseball Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not a big baseball fan, but Franklin boys are still in.
    Also heard the girls softball team is going to state!!
    Looks like the 21-22 season has been good for Franklin!!!

Comment

We lost out to Keller last night in game 3 of the regional semis. They get to play Southlake Carroll and will have a tough time getting past them I’m guessing. My son got the win in game 2 w 8 Ks, 1 walk, 5 hits, 2 er through 5 innings of work. On to 17u select ball for the rest of summer.

Comment

I worked the Buda Johnson v Sharyland series this past weekend, great games and Sharyland held on to advance.
        Now on to Reg Finals next week and will have to wait for assignments.

Good luck to all still in the hunt...

Comment

Gunter still going. Only lost one game this year.

Comment

Carthage making a run too.

Comment

2nd year in a row for Rockwall and Heath to face off in regionals. They will be in Frisco at Roughrider stadium, we should be there Thursday for the day game.

Keller beat Southlake in both district games, we'll see how it plays out.

Same 4 teams in regionals up here as last year, Keller and Heath advanced last year.

Comment

Gunter moves on to state after beating down the road rival Pottsboro. This team is pretty stout.

Comment

Can someone explain how the playoffs work once you get to state? For example, in each class is there a state champ for Division I and Division II or do they play each other for a combined class state championship?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Can someone explain how the playoffs work once you get to state? For example, in each class is there a state champ for Division I and Division II or do they play each other for a combined class state championship?

There is only one state champion per classification. So there will be 6 state champions total, 1a through 6a. There are no divisions in baseball, basketball, etc. only football

Each classification will have a team from each region. Region 1,2,3, and 4. Matchups are decided by overall records. The team with the best record gets the 1 seed and will play the team with the worst record (4 seed). 2 and 3 seed play each other. These are the semi-final games. The winner of these two games play the next day for the state championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by K-Train; 06-04-2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

There is only one state champion per classification. So there will be 6 state champions total, 1a through 6a. There are no divisions in baseball, basketball, etc. only football.

Each classification will have a team from each region. Region 1,2,3, and 4. Matchups are decided by overall records. The team with the best record gets the 1 seed and will play the team with the worst record 4 seed. 2 and 3 seed play each other. These are the semi-final games. The winner of these two games play the next day for the state championship.

Last edited by K-Train; 06-04-2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Just watched Mansfield Legacy come back from 1-9 and score 12 in the top of 7 to go to state.
                        Last edited by BW412; 06-04-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Georgetown won both games Thursday and Friday over Sharyland and will be playing at the Dell Diamond on Thursday!! The facilities in Jourdanton are really nice and they were a great host. Good luck to the advancing teams!!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
                            There is only one state champion per classification. So there will be 6 state champions total, 1a through 6a. There are no divisions in baseball, basketball, etc. only football.

Each classification will have a team from each region. Region 1,2,3, and 4. Matchups are decided by overall records. The team with the best record gets the 1 seed and will play the team with the worst record 4 seed. 2 and 3 seed play each other. These are the semi-final games. The winner of these two games play the next day for the state championship.

Thank you K-Train. I understand now. For some reason the bracket I was looking at only had 2 teams in the state qualifier, but it was for the 2 divisions.

Comment

Got to at least listen to my Nephews game yesterday. Wishing I could have been there. Going to be a great game Saturday with Friendswood vs. Georgetown. From what I’ve read up on Georgetown, there are a lot of similarities with both teams. They both even have the same colors so it’s going to be a Blue/White filled stadium Saturday. Good luck to both teams, the win will be deserved.

Comment

Another win for the Georgetown Eagles. This group is one win away from a State Championship!!! They beat a very good Frisco team last night and rest up today for their Saturday slug fest!! Again, good luck to those still in the hunt!!

Comment

Working...
                                X