Dove decoys and deer hunting....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove decoys and deer hunting....?

Heard about a guy hangin’ a couple of clip-on dove decoys at his blind setup to, I assume, act as a calming tactic if deer where to look at the blind...ever hear of this?

This info was shared as he was cleaning a 148” buck he had just taken while on a bow hunting trip.

Heard about this here years ago I have one in all of our blinds don’t always use it so not sure how well it actually works

Comment

I'm sure it could work in some cases like when a deer pops his head up after a squirrel runs through leaves then goes back to feeding but won't be a sure fire method.. May work opposite and just keep a wary old buck staring right where you don't want him to

Comment

I clip dove decoys to my cap bill and then put a couple of dollups of sour cream down the front of my shirt. Fools’em every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

dollups

Comment

Dove are even more skittish than deer. I think clipping a few decoys on the feed pen may make the deer more relaxed.

Comment

There are always plenty of live birds around my stand anyway.

Comment

No. I ain’t buying in.
                I gotta draw the line somewhere.

BP

Comment

i recall a couple of members mention they put up bird feeders next to their blind. the bird activity seemed to take the deers focus off the blind. i plan on trying it if/when i get another lease...

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                    i recall a couple of members mention they put up bird feeders next to their blind. the bird activity seemed to take the deers focus off the blind. i plan on trying it if/when i get another lease...

One more place for the coons to raid. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X