• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!!.^^

Comment

Sweet 7 pound 8 ounce baby Jesus!!! Woah that’s a big deer

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        “ can you caped one for me? He’s a big one.. maybe 160!!!”....sure bring him on

Dropped tailgate.......... “he passed 160 A LONG TIME AGO!”

fun night at the skinning rack with a true once in a lifetime animal I’m glad to be a small part of.

Very small deer and best we could determine by all indications he was a 3 yo.

Where was this deer shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's one fantastic buck. Congratulations to the hunter!

Comment

beejeebus!!!

Comment

Wow!!!

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
              Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Thats a helluva buck!

I’m in my stand and it’s pretty darn nippy. Thank God I brought my heater. I have to pee though and am currently faced with this predicament:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A287AF76-B2B9-4F03-AE11-9E04396266D2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	24599386

Comment

That there is an East Tx Beast!

Comment

Man what a disappointing sit today. Really thought they’d be up and moving.

Comment

Anyone know when the rut usually wraps up in and around Anderson county?

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                        Anyone know when the rut usually wraps up in and around Anderson county?
                        Historically I've seen them chasing every year from opener to thanksgiving. In my area, it doesnt seem like there is a definite rut like other places I hunt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                          Historically I've seen them chasing every year from opener to thanksgiving. In my area, it doesnt seem like there is a definite rut like other places I hunt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Yea they start chasing around opening of rifle for me too just never sure when they stop.

Comment

Well I got hit with the double whammy for leasing timber company land. Power company contractors trimmed edges of power line right of way the week of October 23rd, the left it lay and mulched on Tuesday November 5th. I have a good video of the tractor mowing past my stand as I was in it.
                            Then I hunted this past Monday. Drive in my middle road on my four wheeler before daylight to my parking spot. I shoot a 5 point, spike on one side four on the other, take it to camp down a different road so I don't disturb my wife in her stand. When I drive back at noon down the same middle road from the morning, they were set up and cutting pines. Sure did a lot of work in a few hours.
                            I talked to two of the guys cutting. They are tripling, cutting about 400 acres(north half of my lease), and will be there at least a month. I asked about the roads and they're bringing in bull rock to fix ruts and mud holes. I told them I would have a list of shooting lanes I would like for them to cut for me.
                            It's going to be better in the long run and I'm not complaining. Just the timing sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                              Well I got hit with the double whammy for leasing timber company land. Power company contractors trimmed edges of power line right of way the week of October 23rd, the left it lay and mulched on Tuesday November 5th. I have a good video of the tractor mowing past my stand as I was in it.
                              Then I hunted this past Monday. Drive in my middle road on my four wheeler before daylight to my parking spot. I shoot a 5 point, spike on one side four on the other, take it to camp down a different road so I don't disturb my wife in her stand. When I drive back at noon down the same middle road from the morning, they were set up and cutting pines. Sure did a lot of work in a few hours.
                              I talked to two of the guys cutting. They are tripling, cutting about 400 acres(north half of my lease), and will be there at least a month. I asked about the roads and they're bringing in bull rock to fix ruts and mud holes. I told them I would have a list of shooting lanes I would like for them to cut for me.
                              It's going to be better in the long run and I'm not complaining. Just the timing sometimes.

I know it’s different in pines. I’ll chase a skidder around in hardwoods. Deer will be right behind them. They like fresh dirt. They are curious animals and can eat the browse knocked and torn down

I’ve seen P&Y standing beside limbers 20 minutes after crew called it a day

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                I know it’s different in pines. I’ll chase a skidder around in hardwoods. Deer will be right behind them. They like fresh dirt. They are curious animals and can eat the browse knocked and torn down

I’ve seen P&Y standing beside limbers 20 minutes after crew called it a day
                                Absolutely agree with this. Even after they trimmed the limbs on my right of way the deer were still there. I spread corn right down the middle to give them something to stop and eat and every deer that came out ate the fresh cut stuff on the ground at some point.
                                They cut during the week and off weekends. I plan on finding a fresh cut lane next to an oak flat and hang out a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X