Grapevine Lake draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
    Not without the risk of Northlake PD writing you a ticket.
    Ah, ok. I guess I'll have to hoof all the way over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
      Haha or risk it for the biscuit. Gotta get to the notorious fence line.
      I pulled that fence down this summer and moved it to the golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        I pulled that fence down this summer and moved it to the golf course.
        Thank you budman. I told these guys there was no fence. Dang hardheaded people.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

My Father and I went out this morning. Hiked a good ways in. Saw a doe 200 yds from the truck and heard a hog before daylight. Had a coyote run past at 945. We decided to try walking to the area around 35 at 10am. We made it all the way to the narrow strip heading up Denton creek before we realized He wasn't going to make it there and back. We turned back at 1130 and didn't get back to the truck until 230. Jumped a sounder on the way in and a lone hog on the road heading toward the parking on bobcat Dr.

The mosquitos were terrible!!!

Just another fun day if hunting. Maybe next time we'll have something besides bug bites to show for it.

Comment

I forgot my Father also fell into a creek.

Comment

Thermocell is a life saver in October

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
                Thermocell is a life saver in October

Picked one up this morning.

Comment

I have a question. If I want to go scout a location. Is it a good idea to go around Noon? I dont want to spook anything or mess up any youth hunts.

Comment

I have a question. If I want to go scout a location. Is it a good idea to go around Noon? I dont want to spook anything or mess up any youth hunts.

Honestly don't believe youth hurts are an issue there. Mid day should be fine this time of year also.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw the game wardens truck parked on the trail tonight, but didn't see the game warden. First time since I've been going out there that I've ever seen a patrol, makes me wonder if they were called in b/c something was reported.

Comment

I’ve had people get mad at me for going at noon but my thoughts are 1- what time is better for you? 7:30,noon, or 6:30? Also I think deer are so use to seeing people there it doesn’t matter.. I had someone walk by me 30 min after shooting light one time and 15 minutes later I had 2 doe and a buck in front of me.. that’s not the only time I had a similar thing happen.. I don’t hunt out there anymore because I moved from Keller to Decatur but I’m planning on the grasslands next year..

Comment

Originally posted by Goodson View Post
                          I saw the game wardens truck parked on the trail tonight, but didn't see the game warden. First time since I've been going out there that I've ever seen a patrol, makes me wonder if they were called in b/c something was reported.
                          Knowing how some game wardens work, probably getting in some preseason hunting before it gets busy.

Comment

You might not have seen them, but I bet they saw you. I jumped about 10ft in the air when one walked up behind me last year while I was scouting. He said he had been following me for almost an hour. And, yes they protect that area like it's theirs. It's a good thing though, cus there is lots of poaching of imaginary jackalopes.

Comment

You might not have seen them, but I bet they saw you. I jumped about 10ft in the air when one walked up behind me last year while I was scouting. He said he had been following me for almost an hour. And, yes they protect that area like it's theirs. It's a good thing though, cus there is lots of poaching of imaginary jackalopes.

Good to know, and good feeling when you've got nothing to hide. I was mostly curious if they patrol regularly or if they had been called out because of a reported incident.

Comment

Good to know, and good feeling when you've got nothing to hide. I was mostly curious if they patrol regularly or if they had been called out because of a reported incident.

I’ve run into them multiple times out there. Talked to one for a while and he caught a guy dragging out a 10 point out one night and the guy only had a general permit. Said it was a dandy buck too. They’re always on the lookout around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X