No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game camera pictures I got from my Covert wireless cameras Saturday showed it was raining out there.

Comment

Anyone been out lately? Reports saying it's super-green....

Comment

I've heard its green out there, but haven't been able to lay eyes on the ranch since April. My GF and I are supposed to go out there this weekend, but that may not happen due to the death of a friend's daughter. If not this weekend, then next weekend for sure. I'm itching to let my new rifle bark and knock down some sheep or pigs.

Comment

Terrell County Hunting 2018-2019

My buddy went out two weeks ago. Very green. We’re going out opening weekend, but not really expecting much. Hoping for some doe. We have a water hole we normally shoot them at, but water is not a needed commodity this year, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bps3040; 09-24-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Was anyone out this past weekend?

Comment

Nope, but headed out Friday for a long weekend and coming back Monday. The GF and I will visit the Pumpville Baptist Church for some good old Southern Baptist preaching and vittles on Sunday and then head back to the lease. My trigger finger is so itchy right now I'm pretty sure something is going to die.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrekiller View Post
                nope, but headed out friday for a long weekend and coming back monday. The gf and i will visit the pumpville baptist church for some good old southern baptist preaching and vittles on sunday and then head back to the lease. My trigger finger is so itchy right now i'm pretty sure something is going to die.
                good luck!

Comment

Headed out Thursday night, have a lot of bucks on the list. I’ll post some pictures in minute.

Comment

Anyone have any idea what the skeeter situation is like out there right now? I'm taking my thermacell and some repellent, but if they've had much rain out there I'll need a flamethrower to kill them all.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      Anyone have any idea what the skeeter situation is like out there right now? I'm taking my thermacell and some repellent, but if they've had much rain out there I'll need a flamethrower to kill them all.
                      Just got back. We needed our thermacell. Skeeters were bad.

Surprising, deer were running around everywhere and coming to corn. My buddy's shot a doe each. One looked like a Hybrid. She was a big doe. She had a tan hide(our whitetail are all tan colored...right now)), instead of gray. Smallish ears, but mulie tail.

Anyone see any hybrids?

Comment

Here are some pictures.
                        Their heads

Small mulie

Hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Bps. They are not coming to corn, feeder activity has dropped off a lot since all the rain. Saw a couple good bucks while driving mid day. Our place is mostly whitetail with a few Mulies. 11k acres northeast Terrell.

Comment

Hey Terrell_county, do you mind saying who owns the ranch? Have an uncle who owns about 11k acres out there. It’s not the Hagelstein ranch is it? Best of luck hunting!

Comment

My FamLogs said our place got 2.25" of rain last night....

Comment

Hagelstein, you are my neighbor. We hunt the Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X