Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every year, as much as I can!

Comment

I retire this June and I got 54 to burn.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

I had never used a day of sick time until I was 25. I had 10 days sick day per year. One day another employee explained it to me this way, and I saw the light. It’s part of your negotiated compensation package. Why would you leave compensation on the table?

Comment

Shoot I rarely even use all my vacation time

Comment

Sick and personal time one and the same for us. If someone calls in, the manager is not even allowed to ask why that person is not coming in. On the other hand, we get paid for un-used sick/personal time each year; plus, we get $100 bonus each week as hazard pay (for Covid risk) for coming to work at least 35 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                That’s one of those things you don’t talk about.
                Hello!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  I had never used a day of sick time until I was 25. I had 10 days sick day per year. One day another employee explained it to me this way, and I saw the light. It’s part of your negotiated compensation package. Why would you leave compensation on the table?
                  Exactly

Comment

Since I’ve never had paid sick time in the fifty plus years that I worked, I guess I never did.

Comment

That is why we have paid time off (PTO). You get so many days a year to use and you don't have to lie about what you are doing. You use them as sick or vacation. When they are gone, you don't get paid if you get sick.

Comment

I haven't intentionally, but couple times had boat/trailer issues that prevented us from leaving camp on a Sunday and once a massive storm hammered us all Sunday afternoon and into the night so that resulted in a Monday call-in. They always act weird when I say I'm stranded on an island and can't leave til tomorrow. Lol

Comment

PTO here and I don't take enough as is.

Comment

Sick of work is sick isn’t it??? I don’t go to work enough to have to call in sick!

Comment

Always get a kick out of my crews who call in a sick day early....doesn’t work that way and no, sick time is not earned, vacation time is.

Comment

Never call in sick for anything other than when I am sick, which isn’t very often at all. Feel convicted from the Holy Spirit when I even thought about saying I’m sick when I am not.

Comment

Working...
                                X