No announcement yet.

Using Paid Sick Time for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should have separate PTO and Sick. Sick should need a doc note after a couple days. My old company did not have sick and I came to work sick many times over the 25 years I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mental Health is important, so a day here or there to charge the focus factor no issue.

But, I don't get sick leave, so maybe I'm not someone to have an opinion.

Comment

Sidenote...it's funny how FMLA and sick time usage has gone down since we've began working from home. Hmmm.

Comment

Wait... people actually use sick days when they’re sick?!

The way I look at it... they’re MY sick days that I’ve earned and I will use them how I see fit. Luckily I use vacation days for 90% of my hunting trips but when that freak cold front blows in... I might get sick.

Comment

I use them if i can

Comment

All you have to do is say it is for a mental health day and it would not be a lie. No harm there

Comment

Absofrigginlutely!
                I've been so sick..I had to call in with a big nasty norther coming in during rifle season..It was so bad,I called off for Mon,AND Tuesday[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I take those days when I have vision problems. The days I just can't see myself going to work.

Comment

Life's too short, if its on I'm Going or Staying if possible ..

Comment

I’m forced to work remotely, I’ve sat in the blind with my laptop using my phone as a hotspot, great way to break up a day. No need for sick time!

Last edited by mrpetera; 09-16-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with taking a Mental health day now and again.

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        Yes. PTO is much better for everyone.
                        Except for the people that work with that person who will come to the office with the flu just so they don’t have to use a pto day.
                        Last edited by texaspyro21; 09-16-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I take those days when I have vision problems. The days I just can't see myself going to work.
                          My buddy calls it **** glaucoma, he can’t see his arse going to work today.

a n a l is blocked???

Comment

With my previous job my "PTO" time which was our sick time renewed on our anniversary date. My date was Oct 1. The company I worked for lost the contract at the plant I worked out, and I was going to be hired by the new company that got the contract that started Nov 1. My supervisor let me "call in sick" the whole second week of October. He done the same thing the next week.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              My buddy calls it **** glaucoma, he can’t see his arse going to work today.

a n a l is blocked???
                              Yep, sometimes the ol AG flares up when my eyes just can't see my arze going in. HeII, over 2000 hrs of it saved up in 30 years...I think I'll use one now and then. Still enjoy it so I don't get carried away with it.
                              On the flip side, we have some of new generation of clowns that use it as soon as they get it.

Comment

Why wouldn't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X