Butterball turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterball turkeys

Well I wanted to get my hands on a fresh turkey this year, but ended up thawing a butterball turkey I intend to smoke.
    Y’all guys brine these? It says on the package that it’s basically already brined.
    Same question with injecting. Are they already pumped full of stuff? Wanted to inject some Cajun flavor but don’t want it to be too salty.

No brine necessary. Inject away. Don't forget to remove the bag of giblets

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      No brine necessary. Inject away. Don't forget to remove the bag of giblets
      Word.

Comment

Thank ya!

Comment

Butterball or not, I brine every turkey I make. The brine infuses the turkey with flavor and moisture. I've brined mine for as little as 24 hours to as long as 96 hours. The longer you brine it, the moister the meat.

Comment

Absolutely brine the turkey. Once I started brining and then smoking, we don't have turkey any other way. It is so moist and delicious. Here's the recipe I use.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Brine for 24 hours and butterfly it. Cook a 20# turkey at 425 degrees for about 2.5 hours on your smoker. You'll never do it any other way if you try it. Look up spatchcock turkey recipes.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Butterball doesn’t need brine or injection i just smoke em

Comment

I will be making my own brine this year. I don't hs Shreveport a recipe for one, just winging it.

Comment

Awesome thank y’all so much for the advice.
                    Only negative to brining I’ve read, in particular to the Butterball brand, is that they already basically pre brine the turkeys. So bringing them again can cause the meat to be salty.

But I am down to brine it!

Comment

Do yourself a favor and look up Emeril Lagasse's
                      Fried turkey recipe �� it doesn't have to be fried..
                      Its different than anything you've ever imagined
                      For a Turkey.. ive done them several ways but I just stick with my Big Easy now... ( Crab Boil and beer ) Its a huge hit in my Outfit..no brine needed, and smoking works just fine ..

Comment

Sweet I got a day to make a plan. Will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
                          Do yourself a favor and look up Emeril Lagasse's
                          Fried turkey recipe �� it doesn't have to be fried..
                          Its different than anything you've ever imagined
                          For a Turkey.. ive done them several ways but I just stick with my Big Easy now... ( Crab Boil and beer ) Its a huge hit in my Outfit..no brine needed, and smoking works just fine ..
                          What’s the recipe for crab boil and beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Brine for 24 hours and butterfly it. Cook a 20# turkey at 425 degrees for about 2.5 hours on your smoker. You'll never do it any other way if you try it. Look up spatchcock turkey recipes.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
                            I spatchcocked a Turkey on my pellet grill last year and it was the juiciest best tasting Turkey I’ve cooked!

Comment

Brine + Injection = Overkill

If you inject and cover correctly to seal in moisture no need to brine a good store bought turkey. Of course if mom, aunt Sally, maw maw, or some chef on Youtube did it by all means knock your socks off

Comment

Working...
                              X