Thompson Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple

My Son and I are headed to our favorite Ram Hunting Ranch Next weekend. Going to Camp in a tent .. I'll update after the Hunt but if anyone has hunted recently ... Reviews and Pictures would be appreciated ...

Sounds like a great time is afoot.

Good luck to y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck

Comment

In for info! Been wanting to take my kid for a year or so. Don't see much recently about it. Please post updates.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck enjoy your hunt

Comment

I am interested in the update as well.

Comment

I'll take plenty of pictures and post them with a review when we get back

Comment

We had a good trip and Camping in a tent by the A-Frame was great. Not too many Rams in the Big Pasture unless you want to shoot a Morino. I didn't see anything else and unless you go to the top of the Mountain. He doesn't go up top anymore so unless you walk or bring an ATV .. I waited until everyone hunted the High Fence Pasture and stalked a No Tag Painted desert.
                We didn't go inside the A-Frame or Trailer so I can't give you a review on that ..
                Here is a picture of the Ram .. Taken in the spot that My Dad, Brother & I took a picture in 2003 before he passed away ...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                  We had a good trip and Camping in a tent by the A-Frame was great. Not too many Rams in the Big Pasture unless you want to shoot a Morino. I didn't see anything else and unless you go to the top of the Mountain. He doesn't go up top anymore so unless you walk or bring an ATV .. I waited until everyone hunted the High Fence Pasture and stalked a No Tag Painted desert.

We didn't go inside the A-Frame or Trailer so I can't give you a review on that ..

Here is a picture of the Ram .. Taken in the spot that My Dad, Brother & I took a picture in 2003 before he passed away ...
                  Is the hunting pretty thin? I don't know species well. Kid wants to get a ram. We want something with at least close to a full curl to make a cool euro mount.

Comment

Also, on the camping. No restrooms or anything? Just primitive? And if so any trees big enough for a hammock?

How many people were there on a weekend? And I've heard of the mountain. It's pretty sketchy? Isn't there another house or pavilion or something up there?

Comment

If you don't mind walking over the mountain .. He doesn't go there and I suppose they're as wild as some deer. We had access to use the bathroom but went primative. The tent with cots was just as good as a bed.
                      The trophy pasture has good Rams that are great for stalking or you can shoot from a blind. We must have been in between stocking as not many Rams in the lower area besides 5 Morinos .. Hope this helps ...

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                        If you don't mind walking over the mountain .. He doesn't go there and I suppose they're as wild as some deer. We had access to use the bathroom but went primative. The tent with cots was just as good as a bed.
                        The trophy pasture has good Rams that are great for stalking or you can shoot from a blind. We must have been in between stocking as not many Rams in the lower area besides 5 Morinos .. Hope this helps ...
                        Yes it does. Thanks. Still on the fence but may take my boy over xmas break. We would be camping as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          Yes it does. Thanks. Still on the fence but may take my boy over xmas break. We would be camping as well.

If u stay in A frame you will still be camping

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                            If u stay in A frame you will still be camping
                            We'd definitely take 4runner and camp in it, tent, or hammocks.

Comment

Working...
                            X