Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Ps. Nice flags flying. Ryan did good letting you reel those in. LoL
    I guess you were there. Ive set the hook on a few perch.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I dont brag about my personal life. Let's just say you arent the only one to hit it big and pack up shop. And even though I retired at 38(18 years ago) after cashing in my chips, I would never tell anyone I was a baller. Humility can go a long ways. I also try to find some positive in the worst situations. I guess that makes me a sheep.
      I wouldn’t ask a random forum member about his real life. Just saying. Carry on.

It’s a bad situation. Embarrassing and will make for a long season. And I really dislike their hire of Baker. To each his own.

Comment

And I really dislike their hire of Baker. To each his own.
        Well we can agree on that.

Comment

It just bothers me that is “embarrassing” for us but it’s not even remotely looked down upon that the Yankees were busted on 2017, Red Sox in 2018, Dodgers on the list...teams in the 80’s being called out etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also disagree with the assertion that no one worth a crap would want this job. There are only 32 of them and there has to be a young up and comer that would thrive with these players. Hinch wasnt the most sought after guy when he was handed the job. I just didnt want some old school retread. This team is still stacked and poised to compete for a WS ring in 2020. Who wouldnt want that opportunity? So what if you have to put up with some awkwardness in Spring Training, it's all about October.

Comment

No. I’m a baller in real life. You know this. And I go to Astros spring training, lots of games, have a friend who was on the team, etc. Just don’t mind calling a spade a spade, not a sheep fan. It’s a total **** show right now. They couldn’t get a manger worth a **** to even look at them.

So tell me about your “real life”.
              Who is the manager(s) that they couldn't get to look at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                It just bothers me that is “embarrassing” for us but it’s not even remotely looked down upon that the Yankees were busted on 2017, Red Sox in 2018, Dodgers on the list...teams in the 80’s being called out etc...

I listen to MLB radio quite a bit while driving around. It is amazing it is referred to continuously as the Astros' sign stealing. They didnt give two ****s about it when the Yanks and Sox were disciplined for doing it. Or do they rarely mention the fact that the Sox are once again under investigation for it. As a repeat offender, the Sox should absolutely be crushed with fines, lose of draft picks and their GM suspended. It wont happen though.

Comment

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

No. I’m a baller in real life. You know this. And I go to Astros spring training, lots of games, have a friend who was on the team, etc. Just don’t mind calling a spade a spade, not a sheep fan. It’s a total **** show right now. They couldn’t get a manger worth a **** to even look at them.

So tell me about your “real life”.

Is this guy even real??? [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    I listen to MLB radio quite a bit while driving around. It is amazing it is referred to continuously as the Astros' sign stealing. They didnt give two ****s about it when the Yanks and Sox were disciplined for doing it. Or do they rarely mention the fact that the Sox are once again under investigation for it. As a repeat offender, the Sox should absolutely be crushed with fines, lose of draft picks and their GM suspended. It wont happen though.

Ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                      Is this guy even real??? [emoji1787]
                      Nah, man. Fake TBH account. You know.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Verlander to weigh in from his high horse like he does when someone other than a teammate is caught using steroids.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

So what were the yanks and sox found guilty of, specifically that y’all think somehow vindicates the stros? What level of evidence do we have?

Comment

Dusty Baker? Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              So what were the yanks and sox found guilty of, specifically that y’all think somehow vindicates the stros? What level of evidence do we have?

Yankees were fined for stealing signs using the YES Network cameras in 2017 to and Sox got popped for using Apple watches to relay signs in the same season, not speculation, facts. Also worst kept secret in baseball is Chase Utley parked in video room relaying signals at Dodger Stadium the last two years. Plain and simple, everyone is/was doing it. And yes, it is a defense as baseball did such an horrendous job rolling out the replay system and has done so little in the past to dissuade teams/players from taking an edge.

And I'm guessing the Rangers wouldve done the same but why risk lowering where they picked in the draft?
                              Last edited by mr. buck; 01-28-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Dusty Baker? Should be fun.
                                I know these initial reports are generally true, but Nightengale been wrong so many times and none of the big guys backing him up. Also its so counter to everything the Astros believe in and IMO the last thing they need is a 70 year old retread manager.

Fingers crossed they go in a different direction meaning Venables, Biggio or the like. Because if they go with one of the retread septigeneraians, MM gonna feel like a mausoleum...

Comment

Working...
                                X