Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions

Lately, there have been a plethora of threads where someone expressed an opinion and then came under fire for that opinion. Almost immediately, because of the overwhelming opposition, they take the defense of "I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".

Sure. Anyone can have an opinion about anything. Each person's opinion is as valuable to them as the next guy. Everyone thinks their opinion is correct and should never be questioned....But this isn't real life.

Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it. I don't have to agree with your opinion, but there is no harm in questioning it or even disagreeing with it. If you don't want the opposition, then maybe keep it to yourself where it doesn't need defending. It's childish to think that one could put their opinion out there and not have people with an opposing view comment on it or question it.

That being said, I can typically disagree with someone without calling them a dumb ***.....I mean I don't, but I can. We should all probably disagree more amicably, myself included.

My Dad has a saying about opinions and excuses...."they're like *****holes. Everybody has one and most of them stink". So have an opinion, everyone should have an opinion on each and every subject, but if you state it then be prepared to defend it and if you cannot, then your opinion is probably not based on fact or actual circumstances. Your opinion is not sacred ground. Neither is mine. Having an opinion doesn't make you above reproach, matter of fact, stating it invites reproach....get used to it.

Your wrong

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
        Your wrong

*You’re[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          *You’re[emoji6]
          Dang it

Comment

Lately, there have been a plethora of threads where someone expressed an opinion and then came under fire for that opinion. Almost immediately, because of the overwhelming opposition, they take the defense of "I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".

Sure. Anyone can have an opinion about anything. Each person's opinion is as valuable to them as the next guy. Everyone thinks their opinion is correct and should never be questioned....But this isn't real life.

Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it. I don't have to agree with your opinion, but there is no harm in questioning it or even disagreeing with it. If you don't want the opposition, then maybe keep it to yourself where it doesn't need defending. It's childish to think that one could put their opinion out there and not have people with an opposing view comment on it or question it.

That being said, I can typically disagree with someone without calling them a dumb ***.....I mean I don't, but I can. We should all probably disagree more amicably, myself included.

My Dad has a saying about opinions and excuses...."they're like *****holes. Everybody has one and most of them stink". So have an opinion, everyone should have an opinion on each and every subject, but if you state it then be prepared to defend it and if you cannot, then your opinion is probably not based on fact or actual circumstances. Your opinion is not sacred ground. Neither is mine. Having an opinion doesn't make you above reproach, matter of fact, stating it invites reproach....get used to it.

My opinion is that I can have an opinion about your opinion of my
            opinion... but you can’t have an opinion of my opinion about your opinion. ....... I’m also of the opinion you need to write down that opinion.. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              My opinion is that I can have an opinion about your opinion of my
              opinion... but you can’t have an opinion of my opinion about your opinion. ....... I’m also of the opinion you need to write down that opinion.. [emoji41]

You should always just agree with me, so you’ll always have the right opinion.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

You're so opinionated

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

What if I have no opinion. Do I let everyone know or just keep it to myself

Good advice & ive noticed this lately on certain topics. I’m not perfect but I aim to be more positive, encouraging & try and engage in value added conversation

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    You're so opinionated

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You have no idea...[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have no idea...[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I tell people I am WAY MORE of an a-hole than they realize ( or that I show ). I do my best to play nice for their ( yalls ) benefit. And dont try to make me unleash the real me....

Comment

I always look at it this way....the world would be a very boring place if we all thought exactly the same, even when other people have the wrong opinions

Comment

Why are you telling me your opinion of how I should state my opinion? My opinion is just that my opinion but your opinion is just wrong

To be honest this thread made my head hurt a little this early in the morning

Comment

Not my proudest moment. Normally I keep it together pretty well on the GS. That may be my first name calling infraction. Hope I can be forgiven

That said, I couldn’t agree more. The right to express opposing views is what makes this country great, amongst many many other things. But like you said, be prepared to defend it. Just cuz you say it, doesn’t make it true.

Comment

You should always just agree with me, so you’ll always have the right opinion.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                              I try to tell people just to assume I’m right all the time and save us both some time.
                              They rarely listen.

Comment

Working...
                              X