Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

That's a pretty broad estimation...
    2,000 poached when Bison were out of season, 100,000 legally.

Comment

Ok, so I learned in Sociology back in high school that some people have genetic markers for being a "super taster"... Basically, they can taste more than others. What we learned was that a majority of alcoholics do NOT have the marker, so the tastes of alcohol wasn't ever picked up on. The theory was that because they didn't taste the true flavors of alcohol, that they were more encouraged to continue drinking it.

I am happy to report that I feel I do have the marker for being a super taster, and while I enjoy beer, there are definitely some beers that are disgusting. And also, the buck I shot this year is clearly gamey.

Carry on.

Comment

Surstromming is “Gamey”.

If you don’t know what it is, Google and watch the Videos. Good Entertainment.
        Last edited by lilavidhunter; 01-16-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          Ok, so I learned in Sociology back in high school that some people have genetic markers for being a "super taster"... Basically, they can taste more than others. What we learned was that a majority of alcoholics do NOT have the marker, so the tastes of alcohol wasn't ever picked up on. The theory was that because they didn't taste the true flavors of alcohol, that they were more encouraged to continue drinking it.

I am happy to report that I feel I do have the marker for being a super taster, and while I enjoy beer, there are definitely some beers that are disgusting. And also, the buck I shot this year is clearly gamey.

Carry on.
          Pearl Light smelled and tasted like skunk my awesome best hunter fisherman person Father In Law loved and had readily available. RIP Sir but did not like that Beer.
          Last edited by toomuchsun; 01-16-2020, 06:55 PM. Reason: missed a fact

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            “” My Grand kids ate everything until were led astray with corndogs ””

There’s a place in yoakam tx that make deer wieners “ hotdogs “ I bet deer wiener corn dogs would go un noticed
            I bet they are made out of the cheapest meat there is deer nuts cuz they're just under a buck

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
              I bet they are made out of the cheapest meat there is deer nuts cuz they're just under a buck
              I bet they are Good. If not just add more mustard. Problem solved

Comment

y'all been to Testicle Festival in Castell?

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                  Pearl Light smelled and tasted like skunk my awesome best hunter fisherman person Father In Law loved and had readily available. RIP Sir but did not like that Beer.
                  Had to add out of important overlooked respect fact, he became a strong Christian and stopped all use of alcohol and tobacco. Good man.

Comment

Does this essay coincide with the phrase, “Wang Taste?” IE: Me and the wife had some fun last night, but, I went too far South and got a “Wang Taste,” so I went further North???
                    Asking for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                      Wow - Sadly, I'm reminded why I don't go on TBH much anymore.
                      Little sensitive there...
                      Try the gut shooting hogs thread, it’s absolutely heartwarming.

Comment

Goose recipe. You just have to soak in salt water for two weeks, change the water twice a day. Then season with allegro, high mountain, and a shot of Worcestershire. Add cream cheese, jalapeño and rap it with bacon. Lay them on a board. Cook to perfection. Throw them in the trash and eat the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          Does this essay coincide with the phrase, “Wang Taste?” IE: Me and the wife had some fun last night, but, I went too far South and got a “Wang Taste,” so I went further North???
                          Asking for a friend...
                          Lmmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            I believe you'd be outvoted on this one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

True. Wouldn’t be the first time. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              True. Wouldn’t be the first time. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Not really, I like both, have eaten both straight from the field to the fire. Excellent table fare, both of them are.
                                I hear taste buds are the first to go...

I have passed on several bucks that a lot of folks would of shot, just because I didn’t want to eat that “gamey” meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X