• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
    A vegan would never say it’s Gamey, We have that option. Lol
    Not many vegan hunters around to ask “ glad to hear their view on Gamey “

Comment

I think store bought pork tastes “corny”. Wild pig tastes like “butta”. “Gamey” is term relative to a particular persons pallet. Some store bought beef tastes gamey to me.

For my purposes when its concerns well heeled white women...Im cool when they say...”Oh this __(insert some wild critter)___ doesnt taste gamey at all”. Score. Ive done well in prepping the meat. Blanching and brining goes a long way.

Comment

Gamey is simply an adjective that has been used for centuries. It's not a new crazy word to put a negative light on eating wild meat. Some prefer gamey tasting meat, some prefer bland meat, some fishy, and some prefer spiced up versions of one of those. Seems silly to me to get upset because someone uses an adjective to describe a taste. I have turned beef steaks gamey by using vinegar and salts, in a seasoning experiment gone wrong.

Comment

The only thing that makes my nose turn sometimes is that taste that resembles what a billy goat smells like. Not sure if that’s what is referred to as gamey, but I’ll clean up a gravy bowl when the billy goat taste comes around. But it’s hard to keep me from eating it.

Comment

Gamey is all relative after you try to politely eat camel butter or zebra jerky
            fly encrusted chicken, or haggis And boiled mystery eggs
            We don’t have much Gamey food in North America
            “ dig deep dog on bottom “

Comment

I love smoked wild salmon. Other salmon tastes like sardines and not my cup of tea. Lamb is expensive and I do Not care for its flavor. I do not care for wild turkey except the breast slow cooked over pecan. I have cooked venison and beef side by side and challenged critics and the venison often won. South TX deer has stronger flavor than an 80 lbs central tx deer. Angus is better beef.
              Get the pit going and enjoy very healthy goods.
              People Games of picky nonsense so have a good laugh and enjoy the Game on the pit.
              My Grand kids ate everything until were led astray with corndogs and sweets. Oh well.

Comment

“” My Grand kids ate everything until were led astray with corndogs ””

There’s a place in yoakam tx that make deer wieners “ hotdogs “ I bet deer wiener corn dogs would go un noticed

Comment

So y'all don't think a big ol rutting buck has that taste more than a 2.5 year old doe?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

didnt read but its pretty descriptive

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      So y'all don't think a big ol rutting buck has that taste more than a 2.5 year old doe?

I like mine with “ milk still on the lips “
                      Cabro vs cabrito
                      Clean it right and eat on deer
                      My bull elk didn’t taste any different then my bull caribou

Comment

Rutting bucks go to flavored sausage, 2.5yo does are for tender vittles in the fry pan

Comment

Agree with the article in part. I however like to wildgame. The only thing eaten so far that was disliked was duck. Some ducks are just nasty. Sorry. In all my life, had one deer we couldnt eat. It was very strong and tough, not sure why, age maybe? Deer was healthy.

Enjoyed the read coonazz, thanx

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            I skimmed it, me and Mr. Sparks wouldn't be friends.

#triggered
                            Lol, yup

Comment

Not really, I like both, have eaten both straight from the field to the fire. Excellent table fare, both of them are.

Comment

yeah... made it two sentences.
                                keeps his freezer pretty well stocked for a snowflake!

Comment

Working...
                                X