You Never know.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Never know.......

You never know what will show up. Had cameras going year round and we spent a lot of time in the field this past season and we had never seen this deer before. My son shot this dude the morning of January 3rd. We hunt on a fairly small tract of family land in Schleicher County and there is pretty heavy hunting pressure all around. No clue where he may have came from. Game cams are awesome tools, but just because you arent seeing good deer on them, doesnt mean they arent around.........
    Attached Files

Nice!

Comment

Good for you! Got to love low fence for that reason!

Comment

Same happened to me this year, I shot a buck nobody had ever seen. Congrats to him!

Comment

Holy cow what a great buck to take at the last minute of the season. Congratulations to your son.

Comment

Hunted in Schleicher County for 6 years and never saw anything that big.

Congrats on a great Buck, no matter where it came from.

Comment

Definitely a cool buck!!

Comment

Sweet, what a great buck

Comment

Very nice, congratulations! That's a great LDP also!

Comment

Very nice...cool buck!

This'll get your attention....

Buddy of mine had a good buck on camera in ENE LA....2 days later his buddy had the same buck on camera 8 miles away, yes 8 miles. From memory SFA/Kroll found in east TX up to 3.5 miles....TTU study said up to 7.5 miles in the more open areas of west TX....but I could be off as I read tus stuff 15 - 20 years ago.

It does explain 100% why you'll see a buck on camera all the time and then he disappears....or....you see a buck once and never see him again.....or a "new" buck just appears.

BTW, sorry if I hijacked your thread.....just thought this would explain why you guys hadn't seen your son's buck before....

Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-16-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

That is an awesome buck! Congratulations to your son! Also, that is a GREAT photo too!! Beautiful pose highlighting the buck, great smile/pose of your boy, and what a background!! ...as they say, "Suitable for framing!"

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments on his deer. He is a senior at A&M and this was the first chance we had to deer hunt together in the last two years. This was really a cool deer. Had 11 scorable points and had two others broke off. Heck of a deer...

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                          Hunted in Schleicher County for 6 years and never saw anything that big.

Congrats on a great Buck, no matter where it came from.

I hunt in Schleicher west of Eldorado. We have bucks this size and better

Comment

Stories like these are what keeps many of us going to the stand for the umpteenth time when we haven't even seen a shooter on camera. You truly never know!

Comment

Niiice!
                              Way to go!
                              Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X