Pedernales Falls SP - doe/spike TPWD hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedernales Falls SP - doe/spike TPWD hunt

My dad and I will be heading down tonight for the Pedernales Falls SP (doe/spike) hunt starting tomorrow, anyone have any last minute advice for this place?

This will be our first ever drawn hunt so will be a new experience for us, hoping we have everything we will need. Bringing pop-ups/chairs just in case as there is chance of rain over the next couple days. I see we will be allowed to bait with corn but also noticed it states must be labeled "aflatoxin free" not sure I have ever come across a bag that state this, only seen where it states it is below a certain % so does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Hoping to put some meat in the freezer and enjoy some time with the ol' man and just getting away from the everyday grind, thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

Good luck !

Comment

Most bags I've seen say that, you may just have to look close. Good luck to you!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I wandered about that when we hunted the PFSP annex last month. I just bought some corn in Johnson City at Lowes. I didn't see that listedon the label, but the park ranger's said it was fine.
            They said there were some good spikes and does killed that week, on the park side. Good luck!

Comment

Been fortunate to hunt here a couple of times. Lots of corn.... is key. Success rate is pretty high even for the late hunt which you are on. Good guys running the hunt too. Just hang the the stands as long as u can and throw corn, deer should show up. Pigs have really moved into that park in the last couple of years as well. Best of luck.

Comment

Good luck. I love these hunts!

Comment

Good luck. In for LDP's.

This one is on my bucket list as well!

Comment

Thanks guys, we are here and already settled in and hunting. I’m in unit 19 and my dad is in 22 which are both across the river. We corned our areas heavy and are excited to see what the next few days bring. I will try my best to post updates as cell service allows. Here is my view from brush blind.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                      Been fortunate to hunt here a couple of times. Lots of corn.... is key. Success rate is pretty high even for the late hunt which you are on. Good guys running the hunt too. Just hang the the stands as long as u can and throw corn, deer should show up. Pigs have really moved into that park in the last couple of years as well. Best of luck.
                      Thanks for the tips, ya they were really urging everyone at the orientation to shoot as many hogs as possible, said they were thick. I brought lots of bullets so bring them on!

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBlue View Post
                        Thanks guys, we are here and already settled in and hunting. I’m in unit 19 and my dad is in 22 which are both across the river. We corned our areas heavy and are excited to see what the next few days bring. I will try my best to post updates as cell service allows. Here is my view from brush blind.
                        That looks exactly like where I was set up when I hunted there about 8 years ago. I was across the river, way in the back. I killed 2 does at a tripod right by one of the roads and then the Park Ranger moved me across the river. I missed an auodad to the left of that big tree in your picture.

Good luck.

Comment

draw hunt

[QUOTE=CodeBlue;14641253]Thanks guys, we are here and already settled in and hunting. I’m in unit 19 and my dad is in 22 which are both across the river. We corned our areas heavy and are excited to see what the next few days bring. I will try my best to post updates as cell service allows. Here is my view from brush blind.[/QUOTE

Area 19 is where the Audad came from that is in my avatar. Good luck. also my group had good luck hunting in the camping area.

Comment

Nothing showed for us today, I did hear some hogs right before dark but they never came in. 1 doe and 1 hog were taken this evening. We will be back at it in the morning.

Comment

No kills this morning by any of the hunters, I have yet to see anything from my blind, almost all the corn I put out yesterday when we started was just about gone this morning so I’m thinking pigs came in last night and ate good. My dad had a small buck come in this morning. This weather has been crazy, almost 80 degrees so don’t think that has helped any with the slow hunt. There is a front moving in tonight that is gonna bring rain so hoping that will have the animals moving this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X