College station steak house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stins View Post
    Go to The Repulic and thank me latter. Its amazing!

https://www.therepublicsteakhouse.com/
    Especially when the bill was covered by FMC

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
      Leona is very good, I can see parking lot from my folks yard. A hidden gem is The Legends on the square in Madisonville, open bar, best customer service I’ve seen. On Friday night in Madisonville also on town square is Walkers Cafe, only open for breakfast and lunch except Friday when it’s all you can eat catfish and shrimp. Three red eye burger is a meal by itself.
      I can second this. Living in Bedias, we hit Legends pretty often. Leona's is superior in my opinion but its twice the distance from the house.

Comment

Our ranch is in Normangee so everything mentioned is about the same

Comment

Ate at Republic Saturday evening. Bone-In Ribeye was not very good. Meat quality was sub-par for a $58 steak. Lobster bisque was super salty. Crab cake appetizer was good. $300 for my wife and I and was pretty disappointed in the food- and I don't mind paying when the food is worth it. Atmosphere was great. There were 6 in our party and all felt the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            Especially when the bill was covered by FMC

YES SIR!

Well and the Owner has picked up my tab as well

Comment

T Bone Jones? Is that place still around?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                Man, I love me some B&B , del Frisco and Brenners while at home. But at the ranch we always cook. I was just trying to find something to do for the evening since won’t have the kiddo. May try the republic
                The Republic is a nice joint, as is Christopher's. The Republic has a really good whiskey bar if you're into a stellar glass.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                  Nope, been gone a long time now

Comment

Lol...

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                    Nope, been gone a long time now
                    Yeah it's been awhile since I've been to BCS area since ATM carpet bagged to SEC.

That place had some cold beer and some decent food back in the day. I closed that place down in 2002 after Tech came back and won at Kyle Field...that day I knew Wes Welker was destined for greatness. What a game and **** I'm old...

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                      Ate at Republic Saturday evening. Bone-In Ribeye was not very good. Meat quality was sub-par for a $58 steak. Lobster bisque was super salty. Crab cake appetizer was good. $300 for my wife and I and was pretty disappointed in the food- and I don't mind paying when the food is worth it. Atmosphere was great. There were 6 in our party and all felt the same.
                      I had the best steak of my life at the republic. It was their akuiashi ny strip. Went 2 weeks ago for a friends birthday looking forward to having this again. They were out. Got the bone in ribeye as that was the waiters recommendation and I was disappointed for the money. Shouldve gotten the pork chop. But the crab cakes were incredible. Still enjoyed it and would recommend it if they get the akuiashi back in stock

Comment

Republic is where I'd go for steak & whiskey.

Porter's has improved tremendously since it first opened. When it first opened, it was pretty underwhelming, especially at that price point.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                          I had the best steak of my life at the republic. It was their akuiashi ny strip. Went 2 weeks ago for a friends birthday looking forward to having this again. They were out. Got the bone in ribeye as that was the waiters recommendation and I was disappointed for the money. Shouldve gotten the pork chop. But the crab cakes were incredible. Still enjoyed it and would recommend it if they get the akuiashi back in stock
                          Pretty sure someone in our party tried to order the akuiashi strip and they were out Saturday also... If I recall correctly that is the only cut labeled Prime on their menu, which in hindsight was a giveaway of what I ordered and received.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelbers View Post
                            Go straight to Leona! Unless you go to the Republic but Leona is better! And it’s BYOB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Heard Republic was awesome. I see you are in CS, so I would take her word on Leona.

I know it isn't popular opinion, but don't waste your time on Sodolaks, I was very disappointed in the steaks. However everything else was great, first place I had Fried Bacon, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                              It went out of business about 1999.

Go to Leona, you'll be disappointed anywhere else.

Comment

Leona is a long drive when you asked about College Station. Try Casa do Brazille.

Personally, I cook my steaks at home. It is a lot cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X