• Show
Clear All

Cooker to rare/medium rare duck and geese
    are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Filet of what?! Aoudad?!
      Haha. I’ve been duck/goose hunting my entire lives. Those muscles do nothing but fly thousands of miles. They ain’t tender.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Haha. I’ve been duck/goose hunting my entire lives. Those muscles do nothing but fly thousands of miles. They ain’t tender.
        Same here! I think these guys are confusing farm raised duck with the flying goat liver we shoot.

Comment

Same here! I think these guys are confusing farm raised duck with the flying goat liver we shoot.
          lol you guys are making me laugh 😂

Comment

Yeah. I need to see pics of how hot his girlfriend is to compare snow goose to a good steak. She has to be a freakin’ 10! 10!!!
            Bob's, Papas, RC, I've eaten at em all. I know plenty well what a good steak taste like.
            The fact that you've never eaten it prepared right, obviously makes your opinion the end all be all to the discussion . And of course you know exactly how this tasted because some 10 you were banging cooked it and it taste like sh$+ : I suppose....
            I've had tons of goose over the yrs that was some straight up nasty meat. Most times unless it was marinated for fajitas or something I wouldn't touch it. This was nothing like that.
            Using citrus juice to break it down, was one of the main players in it turning out the way it did.
            You may have seen a little, but in the grand scheme of things you ain't seen jack son

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Bob's, Papas, RC, I've eaten at em all. I know plenty well what a good steak taste like.
              The fact that you've never eaten it prepared right, obviously makes your opinion the end all be all to the discussion . And of course you know exactly how this tasted because some 10 you were banging cooked it and it taste like sh$+ : I suppose....
              I've had tons of goose over the yrs that was some straight up nasty meat. Most times unless it was marinated for fajitas or something I wouldn't touch it. This was nothing like that.
              Using citrus juice to break it down, was one of the main players in it turning out the way it did.
              You may have seen a little, but in the grand scheme of things you ain't seen jack son
              Told y’all. She has to be a 10 or she’s reading his posts about her cooking.

To compare a good steak to a migratory goose, is well, dang I don’t even have the words.

Comment

Last year we took 40 lbs of goose, duck, and sandhill breasts and made hunter sticks from them

Can't tell difference from venison hunter sticks

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                  Last year we took 40 lbs of goose, duck, and sandhill breasts and made hunter sticks from them

Can't tell difference from venison hunter sticks
                  This I agree with. Mix with pork, fat, seasoning and smoke it, makes fine sausage.

Some here will lead you to believe Wagyu is a mediocre replacement for snow goose.

Comment

Juuuuuust in case someone wants to say I don’t know what I am talking about. LoL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      You’ve never had a good steak then.
                      That, and I have never had to “marinade” a steak.

I’m not a fan of sky carp.

Comment

Pound out almost flat.
                        Coat with seasoned flour.
                        Pan fry in bacon grease.
                        Serve with biscuits & gravy.

Or

Marinated & cooked rare over wood coals.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          One tastes like ****. The other one tastes like Canadian ****.
                          TCB don’t be intimidated by Curt’s discriminate palet

They both taste like regular #$&* to me

Comment

Good Lord Y’all some picky eaters!

Filet the breast, pound it lightly, soak in Italian dressing and jalapeño juice for a couple hours, season, lay 1/2 jalapeño on breast filet and wrap in bacon, grill over HOT coals until bacon is done.

I have never had left overs no matter who was here.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Good Lord Y’all some picky eaters!

Filet the breast, pound it lightly, soak in Italian dressing and jalapeño juice for a couple hours, season, lay 1/2 jalapeño on breast filet and wrap in bacon, grill over HOT coals until bacon is done.

I have never had left overs no matter who was here.
                              Never cooked a steak that way.

Comment

I want to reiterate, if you have to wrap it in bacon to be able to eat it, then it isn’t palatable. Y’all crack me up talking about how good goose is and then go on to talk about what all you go thru to hide the taste.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X