Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading west in the next hour to put out cottonseed and work on set ups to get ahead of the summer heat.

Comment

My ONE Kill....

Just for the record, my ONLY kill this year (can't say harvested, another OP on that WORD, lol.)

I was so ready after last years Buck, but as stated before, just did not see one I would have shot. I also don't like to kill Doe's late season as I still remember years past a Doe I killed late season pregnant with 2. Yeah, just one of those things I don't like to do. But even this year, few opportunities to even kill a Doe with the same reasons quoted?

But...a PIG is a PIG and at least with this Boar..gave me a chance to try out a new rifle. DRT and perhaps a few less piggies to compete with the corn?

Oh, 7mm-08 Ruger did the trick and looking forward to the coming season.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Just for the record, my ONLY kill this year (can't say harvested, another OP on that WORD, lol.)

I was so ready after last years Buck, but as stated before, just did not see one I would have shot. I also don't like to kill Doe's late season as I still remember years past a Doe I killed late season pregnant with 2. Yeah, just one of those things I don't like to do. But even this year, few opportunities to even kill a Doe with the same reasons quoted?

But...a PIG is a PIG and at least with this Boar..gave me a chance to try out a new rifle. DRT and perhaps a few less piggies to compete with the corn?

Oh, 7mm-08 Ruger did the trick and looking forward to the coming season.
        Nice Boar! Congrats. KAP

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Nice piggy.

Taking the wife to town this weekend so I can varmint hunt next weekend.

We filled protein again this past week. Real slow on consumption but I’m not complaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone needs some on site RV repair, pm me and I'll provide the number. Both my son and I needed some work done on our RV's and David did a very good job. He's based out of San Angelo, did the work at our Robert Lee lease.

He does all electrical, appliances, propane heaters, AC, roofs etc.

We are VERY particular about credibility and quality work so satisfied.

Hope I'm not stepping on any Toe's here on the GS if you do the same service?

Comment

Protein consumption sure way down. Solid fillary as far as the eye can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yeeeeess!! Its about time to start leaning that way..
                  Heard the turkey numbers were down out that way. Is that what you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Protein consumption sure way down. Solid fillary as far as the eye can see.
                    What is fillary?

Comment

Originally posted by ShedSeeker View Post
                      From?

We had an absolutely incredible year last year and plenty of rain this year so I'm assuming we will have another good year. I have had some large groups of hens and young jakes (30s and 40s) pass through my feedpen on my Coverts as they usually do this time of year. ...the mature Toms usually start showing up on cameras in March with them. I've had a couple of small groups of Toms show up sporadically since the end of deer season. Everything seems pretty normal.

Comment

The grounds we hunt south of Christoval did not show a noticeable reduction in turkey numbers during the general season. We will be back out there first weekend in March. I will post back on what the trail cameras are showing after that in regards to turkey numbers.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          What is fillary?

There are several different types in west Texas. Filaree is correct spelling looks like I got corrected to something else.

Comment

Our hatch was was down next to nada but we have carry over of a big number of birds.

Comment

There are several different types in west Texas. Filaree is correct spelling looks like I got corrected to something else.

Comment

Got it. Just looked it up. Our place was covered in the stuff. It was like carpet.

Comment

Working...
                                X