No announcement yet.

Chocolate Toffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made another batch tonight, but used chopped up york peppermint patties instead of chocolate chips. Took it to a whole new level. I dont usually eat sweets, but this stuff is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
      Made another batch tonight, but used chopped up york peppermint patties instead of chocolate chips. Took it to a whole new level. I dont usually eat sweets, but this stuff is amazing.
      Need Pictures...

Comment

I finally made it!!
        First time making this type of candy and it was pretty easy! And wow! It was good, here is a few pics (sorry about the dirty egg pan in the background):

Stiring the candy, it was around 280 degrees with the nuts in it at this point
        Click image for larger version

Name:	candy1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	24038268

Candy on the pans with the chocolate melted
        Click image for larger version

Name:	candy2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	24038269

Notes:
        1. make sure the nuts are finely chopped, I had some chunks that were a bit bigger than they should have been, IMO
        2. Spread the sugar mixture thinner next time, I wasn't able to because of the nuts being bigger than they should be.
        3. I used a really good quality milk chocolate and it made it really good.
        4. I also used a heat proof rubber spatula, and Silpat mats, I don't think this could be done without them. This is the digital candy thermometer I use.

I'm also going to try making it with almonds and dark chocolate next time, YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
          I finally made it!!
          First time making this type of candy and it was pretty easy! And wow! It was good, here is a few pics (sorry about the dirty egg pan in the background):

Stiring the candy, it was around 280 degrees with the nuts in it at this point
          [ATTACH]294968[/ATTACH]

Candy on the pans with the chocolate melted
          [ATTACH]294969[/ATTACH]

Notes:
          1. make sure the nuts are finely chopped, I had some chunks that were a bit bigger than they should have been, IMO
          2. Spread the sugar mixture thinner next time, I wasn't able to because of the nuts being bigger than they should be.
          3. I used a really good quality milk chocolate and it made it really good.
          4. I also used a heat proof rubber spatula, and Silpat mats, I don't think this could be done without them. This is the digital candy thermometer I use.

I'm also going to try making it with almonds and dark chocolate next time, YUM!
          That looks great!! You will love the almonds. Use thin sliced almonds... (amazing)

Comment

When you mentioned almonds.... (on sale) just had too amazing... and you can get it real thin. I used less chocolate as I did not want to overpower the almonds

You have to stir this more..

Comment

Bump for the new members

I have to fixed a few pictures..
              But the recipes are still awesome

Comment

Thanks for sharing! This will be a must!

Comment

looks good

Comment

We made this for the first time back when Stan R posted this recipe in 2008. It has become a family favorite. My wife makes 4-5 batches each holiday season. We give lots away to neighbors and friends. Thanks again for posting this recipe!

Comment

made it last night, turned out really good but i need to spread it out thinner next time. thanks for sharing the recipe

Comment

Time to go to the top again.

I started marking candy Monday night

Comment

All this candy Talk is making my stomach growl

Comment

Pic
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'll be making some today. Thanks Stan.

Comment

Gonna have to try this!