No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you need some help you know where I am. Not far from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
      Good luck to you, we need rain bad out here. I cant even plow because it is so dry.

yeah i saw the pics, that sucks man, my place is pretty sandy so it doesnt really get that bad in the spring.

thanks terry, i will try to stop out and meet you when i get a chance.

Comment

Staying tuned into this one! Those are some solid bucks

Got a nice spread in Georgetown, but can't seem to find a good spot to start a small first timer plot, lots of rock. I have a nice spring fed creek running right through the property. I was thinking of planting down near he river bottoms. Is there a good informative website you used?

Good luck to you sir, keep the pics rolling!

Comment

TBH of course, the THF, the forums on qdma.com and www.growingdeer.tv among others. i have a lease with better bucks on it but enjoy the time/effort/money spent on my family place a lot more and would really rather put an arrow in one of those from above too, especially that 12pt! if he will ever come back...

good luck with your place, it gets addicting once you start...lol

Comment

Thanks for the info,I hope mr. 12 sticks his nose out for you this season

Comment

Beautiful place!

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                Keep the pressure to a minimum and don't worry about culling. Acorns are going to hurt you some when you have a good crop. Looks like a great "Sanctuary" so keep it that way. Bucks ( and does) are animals of habit. If they are there during season they may be looking to escape pressure from a surrounding place. Good luck.
                Agreed. Just don't over do it. Set your food plot and hunt the travel routes in the edge of the thick stuff.

Not sure that you are doing this...... But one of my good friends is new to deer hunting and he is excited just as much as you about his new place. The biggest mistake I see him do is check the camera TOO much. He gets frustrated at the big bucks not able to pattern them when it gets closer to bow season. Trouble is, he (my buddy) doesn't understand that he is the one being patterned.

Comment

Good luck getting one of those big boys. Hunt county hunting can be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                    Agreed. Just don't over do it. Set your food plot and hunt the travel routes in the edge of the thick stuff.

Not sure that you are doing this...... But one of my good friends is new to deer hunting and he is excited just as much as you about his new place. The biggest mistake I see him do is check the camera TOO much. He gets frustrated at the big bucks not able to pattern them when it gets closer to bow season. Trouble is, he (my buddy) doesn't understand that he is the one being patterned.
                    As much as i enjoy checking my pics, i wish i could stay away for more than a week at a time but the one protein feeder i have gets emptied in about 7-8 days. Thats another reason for me wanting to get a good plot going, not only to save some money but also not having to worry about keeping a feeder full.

Great info, i have no doubt i put too much pressure on the place last season and hunted in some not so favorable weather conditions. That will all be different this year.

Thanks

Comment

GAME ON.

one year and 3 days after he returned from his sabbatical last year, crazy.

Comment

Awesome! I bet it makes it hard to think about how far away deer season is. Also makes the thought of keeping the feeder full of protein not as costly. I hope his big rack doesn't keep him from getting his head in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggieivy06 View Post
                          Awesome! I bet it makes it hard to think about how far away deer season is. Also makes the thought of keeping the feeder full of protein not as costly. I hope his big rack doesn't keep him from getting his head in there.
                          No kidding, lol. I will gladly keep the feeder full for another shot it him.

Comment

Amazing how similar your place looks to a spot near Lockhart that I used to hunt. And my place near Hallettsville.

Comment

my seed order from turner seed came in today, i just placed the order on friday. now gonna give it a few weeks and plan on getting it in the ground around in april, hopefully around some good rain. i still have some trees to clear out, 1000lbs of lime to put out, and i want to start my round up spraying next week.

still pumped about my nemesis returning, and i think the tall 8 from one of the pics above (with the rice bran all over his nose) came back too, looks like him in the background of one of my pics from last week.
                              Last edited by jshouse; 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I'm ready to plant but the ground isn't....waiting on another rain.

What did you get and how much was shipping?

Comment

Working...
                                X