Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Im splitting 48 inch panels. Most pens are 16x32 but i have several that are just 16x16 and do just fine.
    Thanks, I appreciate your info and insights.

Comment

Curious what does Fiddy possibly score?

I understand you haven't posted pics...

Comment

Well I have once again destroyed a season by picking specific deer to hunt. i have done this habitually over the years and have looked at a bowl of tag soup in reward several times. I say I will never limit myself to that one deer again, but i often do it anyway.

The crazy amount of flooding cost me Fiddy. I dont know if he is alive or not right now. Kicker3 may well be dead. I had a couple of really close calls with him but didnt get it done before he dropped off the Earth. I hear a rumor that he may have been killed. I will share more if ever confirmed.

Rincon, to answer your question generally, I believe both Fiddy and kicker3 would net Boon and Crockett.
        Last edited by GarGuy; 01-12-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Brokebrow Down

This year my back has gotten progressively worse. I realized early on that my corn toting was going to be limited. Luckily, I have a couple of strong backed nephews that like to hunt. One of them is Lil David. Yall have seen him grow up on the green screen with kills every year including some pretty nice bucks. Hes now 13 and a stud of a young man. Well I told him I would put him on a wall hanger this year in return for slave labor. He grinned and gladly took the offer.

I worked him all summer and fall and let him pick out a couple of really nice deer to hunt in separate counties. By October, I was hunting my designated giants but made a lot of time to sit with him after his target deer. Lil David had never trophy hunted before and really got a kick out of all the bucks we were passing. Toward the end of bow season though he was getting ready to kill one! We were sitting in a ground blind and a very nice 4 year old I was calling BrokeBrow push a doe through. He was a deer I knew with long beams, 17 inches wide but somewhat short tines. As he left, I could tell David wanted to shoot him and I told him if we saw the deer again he could shoot.

The next weekend was the opener of youth season and we were back in the same stand except he was holding a 280 instead of a cross bow. Just at dusk, 4 does came in and circled around the corn pile. they walked past the blind at 10yds before hitting the corn. David mentioned killing one of them if they were still there at dark. About then, they all looked right at us but I could tell they were looking past the blind.

I looked through a peep hole and here came BrokeBrow through the thick pines at 15yds. I tapped David And somehow communicated that he should get the gun up just as the deer hit the window point blank. The shot cam instantly and Lil David had his first deer of the year.
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome write up as usual. Congrats to the young man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I follow texasbuckregistery on instagram. 152 8 pt killed in Houston county and wondered. Would post but don’t have permission.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
                I follow texasbuckregistery on instagram. 152 8 pt killed in Houston county and wondered. Would post but don’t have permission.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that’s the one, congrats to that girl

Comment

Great story Garguy!

Comment

Thanks for sharing bud

Comment

Congrats to Little David!

I also saw that posted on TexasBuckRegistry and immediately thought Fiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post

Fortunately not Fiddy! But a heck of a buck!

Comment

i know the young lady and her father. Great hunters and a stud buck. Nowhere close to Fiddy though.

Ill post more stories later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              Fortunately not Fiddy! But a heck of a buck!

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              i know the young lady and her father. Great hunters and a stud buck. Nowhere close to Fiddy though.

Ill post more stories later this week.
                              I have a third hand picture of Fiddy. Fiddy is WAY bigger

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
                                X