Shipping container bunkhouse build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Here’s our build. Queen Master, bathroom, kitchen, futon and then Queen over Queen bunks.

[ATTACH]939556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]939557[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]939558[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heath, how did you do your walls? Did y'all insulate and then spray some sort of paint or texture over that? Looks cool, trying to figure out how y'all did it, because Mexdeer19 and I are gonna do another one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
      Heath, how did you do your walls? Did y'all insulate and then spray some sort of paint or texture over that? Looks cool, trying to figure out how y'all did it, because Mexdeer19 and I are gonna do another one soon.

Spray foam insulation and then painted it.

Comment

We just framed 2x4 walls and insulated with R19. Plenty easy to heat and cool.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sotexsmokin View Post

More pictures of the H1 please. Looks awesome..

Comment

Was worried the box would flex while unloading loading and on the journey from Texas to Louisiana. It Made it to the bowfishing camp in Louisiana all in one piece no issues [emoji1373]. Will be connecting water/electric this week. Getting it up on my pad was another story in itself. One mini hoe one dozer and 1 big skid steer later.

I’ll get some pictures of the finished product after my old lady decorates it.

After all I’m $27,000 in this box, material and labor was near cost as I have a home builder in the family.
              The ride from Tx to Louisiana was $2000

There were several corners that could have been cut to make it cheaper.

Spray foam closed cell 3” on ceiling and 2” on walls was $2800 could’ve done something much cheaper but would not have been as good in case of flood for us

The ship lap look walls inside are hardi board instead of wood again to combat rot/mold in case of flood.

The ceiling galvalume.

We Also built this unit out of a New 1 trip container about double the cost of a more used box

My main goal was to make it somewhat water “resistant”

my property here floods and being back in business ready to operate charters quickly was one of the main goals with this box.

Bottom line in my opinion there are much cheaper ways to build a bunkhouse/camp

Given the severe weather and isolated location of final destination this was our best option.

Overall We are happy with the outcome and think it will be a great place for our customers to sleep.

Comment

Working...
              X