South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
    Awesome bucks guys! Early to mid October was good to my wife and I. She stuck the biggest deer we’ve seen out there in 10yrs and I was able to stick my biggest 140+ 8pt, both from the same blind. Thankful for cooperative neighbors! Oh, and our little man’s 1st hunting season!
    [ATTACH]933664[/ATTACH][ATTACH]933665[/ATTACH][ATTACH]933666[/ATTACH][ATTACH]933667[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's as Good as It Get's Right There. Congrats Man

Did you Get a Weight on Momma's Deer? He's a Toad In Every Way

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Dang Rincon, couple protein hogs right there!! Pretty deer. How old you figure that kicker buck is?
      I feel he is 6.5 and decided to give him another year.

Hopefully it pays off...

Comment

I’m heading down tomorrow until Wednesday. How has the buck movement been?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

About 500% better since the freeze. Or at least the grass finally died so I can see them now. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            About 500% better since the freeze. Or at least the grass finally died so I can see them now. LOL

I went down on the fourth and had to mow and cut brush after I got out of the blind. It was hot and slow so we wanted it right for later in the season. I typically go down Around the 14th of September for opening of dove and do my final trimming and mowing for the season. We had like 15 inches of rain that weekend so we just hung around the camp so no work got done because it was too wet.

Comment

We connected on this great buck
              We call Lucky this past weekend.186-1/8. Sad to se him go but just had to take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                We call Lucky this past weekend.186-1/8. Sad to se him go but just had to take him.

Incredible buck. That’s my absolute favorite frame. Love that diamond shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I was afraid with all the rain deer wouldn't be hitting feeders.

This year has been insane. I can't go into our pasture without tripping over deer. We're not even close to the good times yet.

Comment

Incredible buck!

Just got in my blind down in Tilden.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post

Congrats on a really beautiful buck!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man what a buck!! That sucker's got some serious tines and beams!! I'm here at my place south of Mirando City and I saw a lot of deer today... The big boys ain't playin' yet, but at least some of the grass is dead... Still headlight high on my truck, and tall as my feeder pens in some places... It's better'n it was... Sure hope I can get things squared away enough to just finally hunt between Christmas and New Year... Gettin' a new place set up is Sooooo Slooooow!!! Last time I had to do all this, I was 35 years younger!! ... still fun tho!

Comment

Can't believe we can't catch a weekend without playing in the mud...crazy year

Comment

What a beautiful buck Rattler! Congrats!

Comment

Man it’s was super slow over the weekend but is picking up today for the first time since Friday.

Comment

How’s the yellow jacket action going for everyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X