Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks awesome!

Comment

Went last night to Home Depot to get light fixtures and such. Man the cost of the little stuff will add up quick! Biting the bullet and doing mostly LED lighting for lower energy consumption.

Comment

Bathroom Countertops

Well this may be the deal of the entire project. My beautiful bride found two matching 60" double sink granite countertops for $39.00 each. Crazy good deal as you cannot even get laminate countertops for this price. So I will have $80.00 plus some mounting screws in the countertops in both bathrooms!
        Attached Files

Comment

cool thread!

Comment

This is a great thread. Thanks for the info and pictures.

What county in South Mississippi is this land located? I sold my 200 acres in Jeff Davis County in 2010. I do miss S. Mississippi.

Comment

Jasper County, MS. About 15 miles north of Laurel, MS.

Comment

Bathroom Countertops

Ok, here is the $39 granite countertop mocked up on the primed bathroom cabinet. Hope to install early next week and I will not add the final paint until my Better Half picks all of Her paint colors out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Pex distribution block

All Pex has been run in interior walls and I spent a little extra for a Pex distribution block. Basically a breaker box for your water lines. Cool thing is you can turn off the water to just the kids bathroom if you are working on something in there. This is where all the Pex lines terminate and will attach to the distribution block.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Insulation is complete

Finished insulation as you can see this is the front (reading nook / overflow sleeping) and rear lofts (daughter's bedroom) in these pics.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Not much of an update tonight, I did take a new deer blind base out there tonight. I have set up a ladder stand in some white oaks, and a ground blind on some persimmons I planted. Working on another box stand to set a feeder at.

Comment

A/C

A/C's are on site. I went with two mini-splits (One in main living area, and one in the master suite). Then just A/C & Heater window units in the two kids bedrooms.

I did get a quote on a traditional system, but it was too spendy for me. The mini splits and window units will cost approximately 37% of my quoted traditional HVAC cost. I will have 52,000 btu's of air conditioning capacity or 4.3 tons. I am guessing this A/C package will freeze us out of this place, combined with the R23 insulation system. In Mississippi heating concerns are much much much less than cooling, but it should be more than adequate.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reclaimed wood

Score! So my mother in law gave me this entire stack of rough cut lumber. The only catch was I had to sort through 6 big stacks of lumber out in a field since hurricane Katrina. Most of it was too far gone, rotten, rats, bugs, snakes, and more bugs. It took me several afternoons to cut the good sections out, to get this stack. I plan to treat with insecticide use it for several rustic touches. For sure a rustic wainscoting in my boys bunk room. Basically the thought is make their room look like a hunting lodge bunk room.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

So is this entire thing already done and you're just posting pictures daily?

Comment

Working...
                                X