Which camper tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which camper tires...

I have a Jayco Jayfeather camper that weighs only about 3500#'s loaded. It came with small 13" wheels and tires. It is time to replace those and I am going to buy new wheels and tires but want to size up to at least a 14" tire but preferably a 15"....
    What is the best tire for smallish RV's and which tires should I stay away from

Signed,
    A tire illiterate

Just make sure the bigger tires wont rub on the trailer I would think any good 6 ply trailer tire would be ok for that trailer

Comment

Goodyear Endurance.

Comment

I have a Jayco Quest pop up. I kept blowing the small tires on long trips. Discount tire told me they were rated for 65 mph max. Running 75 - 80 up 37 was the problem. Once I slowed down I have not had another problem. I run the cheap rim and tire combo's from Walmart. I can't go larger or they will hit the wheel well.

Comment

I also recommend the Goodyear Endurance.

Comment

I just purchased a new fifth wheel and my first stop was Discount Tire to remove the factory China bombs and install new Goodyear Endurances. From there I went 1,800 miles round trip doing 65-70mph. IMO, don’t skimp on your safety and the safety of your property!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speed rating is 87 on some brands ( N speed rating) I went to Discount and bought their heartland brand . Cost wise very close , they did not have the GY in stock at the time and I need new tires before my trip to CO . They have been great , Stay away from the cheaper china bomb tires you see plenty that fail and do a fair amount of damage in the process .

Comment

Always buy quality tires with the highest load rating.
                The extra load carrying capacity gives you an extra margin of safety and impact resistance. At least a D or E load rating in smaller tires.

Comment

Whatever you do don’t go cheap! Seems like everyone I know that has a camper had a blow out with the factory tires. When they blow out they tear crap up.

Comment

10 ply Goodyear

Comment

Working...
                    X