Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
    Some views...

Were these pics of the muflon on designated AreaI or on private land.? I saw the huge herds last week off the area towards the back of area 5 off the area near that box blind by the houses to the left..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
      Wow! Congrats!
      Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
        Were these pics of the muflon on designated AreaI or on private land.? I saw the huge herds last week off the area towards the back of area 5 off the area near that box blind by the houses to the left..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Private land. Kinda by where your talking about

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
          Private land. Kinda by where your talking about

Pm me if you want the contact info, its a family-friend. Pretty sure they charge 750 for a half curl, or 1500 for a trophy.

Comment

Anyone hunting ??i hear there is snow near the Del Rio area...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              I was just checking the weather there. News was saying snow in west texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                I wish I was there this week but I'm stuck at work. I'll be there all week next week though.

I heard San Pedro campground is closed due to the plane crash, can anyone confirm? Park offices are closed now so can't call.

Comment

My buddy lives right there, plane crashed right behind his house. They built a complete gate across the road to close it. Still closed

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I wish I was there this week but I'm stuck at work. I'll be there all week next week though.

I heard San Pedro campground is closed due to the plane crash, can anyone confirm? Park offices are closed now so can't call.
                    Not sure about the camp ground I am in Florida... God willing I will be home tomorrow. I plan on hunting Saturday morning and will see what I can find out about the campground. This coming week there should still be some rutting activity going on or at least it's what I am hoping.

Comment

I shot a buck in 3 Tuesday morning and couldn't find him. Great blood to start and a pool of blood where he bedded down, it then slowly diminished over the next 1/3 of a mile. We lost it when he entered a thick draw. It appeared he was headed for water. I checked the closest water the next morning and didn't find anything. I walked up on two hunters down by the lake, again I apologize for that, I just had to check the water before I left.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                        I shot a buck in 3 Tuesday morning and couldn't find him. Great blood to start and a pool of blood where he bedded down, it then slowly diminished over the next 1/3 of a mile. We lost it when he entered a thick draw. It appeared he was headed for water. I checked the closest water the next morning and didn't find anything. I walked up on two hunters down by the lake, again I apologize for that, I just had to check the water before I left.
                        Should've called in Caleb Hill for tracking

Comment

I don't think you can use a dog at Amistad.

Comment

Correct, you are not allowed to use dogs even for tracking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot a ram that Friday after thanksgiving on private property, and he crossed into a park hunt area. Caleb made a call into the game warden, and park guy. They both gave us the green light to take the dog in to try and recover. Hope this helps you in the future.

Comment

Well, I wish I would have known that, I had a dog available to me. I just figured it was one of those federal rules they wouldn't budge off of.

Comment

Working...
                                X