This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    No mistaking that injuries played a role in the Jets game but I think the Cowboys showed up in NYC thinking it was going to be a walk over. IMHO the majority of that is lack off consequences for **** poor performance. red can't discipline anyone if he wanted to. He also can't inspire the team to play motivated no matter who the opponent is. There is a glaring lack of professionalism through out the team that is all on the coaching or lack there off.
    It's not just the coach. I have to put 90% of the blame directly on Jerry Jones.

Comment

That’s what happens when you guarantee a win, you get smoked!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        It's not just the coach. I have to put 90% of the blame directly on Jerry Jones.
        While I agree that JJ shares in the blame, it's red that supposedly coaches the team. It's his job to keep the players motivated and ready to play. If they respected him they would play all out for him. That is not always the case and there is also a lack of proven leadership amongst the players to fill the void in the coaching staff.

Comment

Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            While I agree that JJ shares in the blame, it's red that supposedly coaches the team. It's his job to keep the players motivated and ready to play. If they respected him they would play all out for him. That is not always the case and there is also a lack of proven leadership amongst the players to fill the void in the coaching staff.
            This guy hit it square on the nail head but also left out the fact of Jones' interference both past and present on the sidelines. Jones see himself as the greatest coach and play caller of all time and his interference with the coaches and play calling have no doubt been a huge detriment. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ball-in-dallas

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Championship

You are trying too hard....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                That was not the effort I was expecting from the Iggles after Peterson ran his yap. There just wasn’t a lot of life in them, and he seemed to drain them with a lot of ill timed blitzes. Wentz had a weird attitude as well, the turnovers didn’t seem to bother him a whole lot.

Just not what you expect from them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                They threw the game intentionally to be sure JG sticks around.

Comment

Still not too sure that being excited about their play is warranted really. Their 4 wins have come against teams that are a combined 6-21, and 3 of those wins come from one team. They have the Giants next which should be a win, but I thought that against the 1-4 Jets too. The next 6 games after that are all good to decent teams. Unless their play against good teams changes, it's looking like they'll be on the outside looking in come playoff time. NFL is weird though, lots can change in a matter of a few weeks.

Comment

I have to give Zeke some credit too, I thought this was the first game this year where he looked like a difference maker. He was able to shake a few tackles behind the line, and still get going to get nice gains, despite the playcallers running him into 7 man fronts on 1st down all night.

I still want to see more of Pollard, man that 1st run of his was electric! Not just the balance move to keep for getting dropped for a loss, but that burst is amazing...dude gets in high gear in 2 steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                      Still not too sure that being excited about their play is warranted really. Their 4 wins have come against teams that are a combined 6-21, and 3 of those wins come from one team. They have the Giants next which should be a win, but I thought that against the 1-4 Jets too. The next 6 games after that are all good to decent teams. Unless their play against good teams changes, it's looking like they'll be on the outside looking in come playoff time. NFL is weird though, lots can change in a matter of a few weeks.
                      They make the playoffs by winning their Division since there isn't another team there that will overtake them. Now will they make it past the first round? Lots depends on how well they can develop over the season and if they are healthy come that time.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        They make the playoffs by winning their Division since there isn't another team there that will overtake them. .

Yup....If they continue to play like they did last night versus the three division opponents the playoffs won't be an issue....after that is a crapshoot depending on injuries and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I have to give Zeke some credit too, I thought this was the first game this year where he looked like a difference maker. He was able to shake a few tackles behind the line, and still get going to get nice gains, despite the playcallers running him into 7 man fronts on 1st down all night.

I still want to see more of Pollard, man that 1st run of his was electric! Not just the balance move to keep for getting dropped for a loss, but that burst is amazing...dude gets in high gear in 2 steps.
                          I counted several 8 men fronts they ran into and was surprised no audible to a pass. Some of that is on Dak and not just the coaches IMHO. Team played with a purpose and it's the reason they won in my opinion. They have enough talent to compete with most teams. They need to play with an attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                            They make the playoffs by winning their Division since there isn't another team there that will overtake them. Now will they make it past the first round? Lots depends on how well they can develop over the season and if they are healthy come that time.
                            The Eagles are one game behind them. They are missing a lot of players on a D that normally isn't the team you saw last night. They will come around and compete. Don't count on winning the division as a given by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              The Eagles are one game behind them. They are missing a lot of players on a D that normally isn't the team you saw last night. They will come around and compete. Don't count on winning the division as a given by any means.
                              I believe they will have to sweep the division to win it, unless filthy just falls apart, don't see that happening.

Comment

The cowboys schedule becomes more difficult as the eagles schedule becomes easier. I see the cowboys being somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X