No announcement yet.

Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to hit the road. Sunday & Monday look good.

Comment

Bust for me... My bigger bucks showed up Friday morning 8am (when I was driving there) and Saturday night at like 11pm. Only saw some doe, young bucks, and tons of hogs.. I took 6 hogs, and another guy took 3 hogs and an aoudad

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a bust for me as well. Hunted Friday and Saturday and only saw 2 does. I blamed it on the full moon because nobody had any luck on our place. Had to fix my feed pen after the hogs busted in and took over. Headed back Thursday evening and staying until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wla View Post
          It was a bust for me as well. Hunted Friday and Saturday and only saw 2 does. I blamed it on the full moon because nobody had any luck on our place. Had to fix my feed pen after the hogs busted in and took over. Headed back Thursday evening and staying until Monday.
          Those lil *******s did the same thing at one of our pens.. We have so many, and I can see them pushing the deer away from the feeders and pens. I've personally taken 41 since January now, and I'm sure I haven't even dented their population.. I had pics of like 15-20 in a group with like 3 different pairs humping each other

Comment

I just spent the last 2 weeks in southern Edwards county and it was a bust for me too. drove to Uvalde and Hondo a few times and didn't see much on the road either

Comment

I was hoping the clouds would've helped with the full moon [emoji24]

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                I just spent the last 2 weeks in southern Edwards county and it was a bust for me too. drove to Uvalde and Hondo a few times and didn't see much on the road either
                I think I only saw 4 or 5 deer between Hondo and Sabinal last Thursday.

The pigs broke in to the feed pen on the 21st and I had up to 30 of them in there by the next day. Fixed it on the 23rd and just got my first deer back yesterday evening. Hate them things!
                Attached Files

Comment

Anyone headed out, or have been out?

I was thinking about dipping out tomorrow for the weekend.

Comment

I'll be out friday afternoon for the weekend. Hoping things pick up.

Comment

I hunt of 1050 between Utopia and Garner State Park and they were rutting Thanksgiving week.

Comment

I was there last weekend. Saw more deer than I have been, including some decent bucks, just not the one I am looking for. I was able to get my oldest son on a doe and several hogs. Haven't seen my red deer in weeks.

Comment

Anyone had any luck?

I went out for a few days(7th - 10th) and didnt see any of my older bucks.. Doe's, Young bucks, fawns, and hogs... The Aoudad completely avoided me once again

Comment

Five of us hunted Nov-30 to Dec-9. Two mid 140 bucks were killed the last two days of the trip. Not much movement other than hogs and the Axis weren't around at all which is strange for our place. We are 13 miles N of town on 83.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              Five of us hunted Nov-30 to Dec-9. Two mid 140 bucks were killed the last two days of the trip. Not much movement other than hogs and the Axis weren't around at all which is strange for our place. We are 13 miles N of town on 83.
                              I havent really seen any axis since mid October.. One here or there, but not the big groups we saw this summer [emoji24]

Comment

The hogs have been particularly bad this year. I’ve had enough, going to construct large pens In most feeder spots. Killed 24 since October 1st & you wouldn’t know it. My expectations are high for these pens, I hope the deer congregate in them & the pigs leave the county with a severe case of depression since they can’t eat my corn anymore. A massive pork suicide will occur shortly after. Maybe setting the bar a little high, but I’m excited to see the effects.

Comment

Working...
                                X