Comment

Originally posted by 4wla View Post
        Taking the easy way out this evening.

Jeff, give me a call this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Will do. Heading out around 2 or 3 tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

How's it looking in the Uvalde area? I spent a week of each of the last two months working at our ranch off of 83 North of town and it was a muddy mess but we got everything done. I'll be heading back to the ranch on the 30th to check cameras and catch the rut hunt.

Comment

Im stuck at home this weekend. Heading out Friday morning after thanksgiving, and then taking a week off to hunt around 12/7.

4wla said he saw a small buck running a doe yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
              Im stuck at home this weekend. Heading out Friday morning after thanksgiving, and then taking a week off to hunt around 12/7.

4wla said he saw a small buck running a doe yesterday morning.

Is it still as wet as it was a month ago? It rained every day on my last two trips enough to make the water reach the bridge at Deep Creek. We had water in places that I've never seen it in the 15 years I've hunted there.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                Is it still as wet as it was a month ago? It rained every day on my last two trips enough to make the water reach the bridge at Deep Creek. We had water in places that I've never seen it in the 15 years I've hunted there.
                I was out last weekend and it seemed like it was finally drying up a bit. All that rained washed away our main driveway, and turned one of our main ranch roads into a mud pit for the hogs.. Same thing, we found a dry creek that we've never seen water in (14 years) that was pumping water out of a 5-6 inch hole.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                  It wasn't bad at all this weekend. The grass is finally starting to turn brown. I can't remember the last time we had green grass that tall this time of year.

I'm starting to get concerned because I haven't seen my red deer in almost a week. The guy hunting on the other side of the mountain said he saw 3 or 4 dogs come by his feeder last weekend. Worried they may have pushed them out.

The good news is the WT are coming to the feeder a lot better now that the red deer have disappeared. Saw a 6 point hassling a doe Saturday and getting some decent bucks on camera.

We have a new camp deer hanging out with us every evening too. Set up a feeder this weekend to keep her happy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 4wla View Post
                    It wasn't bad at all this weekend. The grass is finally starting to turn brown. I can't remember the last time we had green grass that tall this time of year.

I'm starting to get concerned because I haven't seen my red deer in almost a week. The guy hunting on the other side of the mountain said he saw 3 or 4 dogs come by his feeder last weekend. Worried they may have pushed them out.

The good news is the WT are coming to the feeder a lot better now that the red deer have disappeared. Saw a 6 point hassling a doe Saturday and getting some decent bucks on camera.

We have a new camp deer hanging out with us every evening too. Set up a feeder this weekend to keep her happy.
                    Its killing me sitting at the office right now...

Comment

Sitting in the stand. Had 2 for this morning and just watched a grey fox for about an hour

Comment

Originally posted by lamaredskin View Post
                        Sitting in the stand. Had 2 for this morning and just watched a grey fox for about an hour

Good luck! Heading out tomorrow morning

Comment

Just got to Uvalde today.
                          Hunted this evening and saw 1 small, young 8.

Comment

I have a spike on camera I’m after. About the only buck around
                            Anyone close to cr429?

Comment

Originally posted by lamaredskin View Post
                              I have a spike on camera I’m after. About the only buck around
                              Anyone close to cr429?

I’m about 10 miles north of you off 1051. Hef187 is right across the road from me also. Got in late last night and staying until Saturday afternoon. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

On the road!

Comment

Working...
                                X