No announcement yet.

Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning going at least one day this week(end). Probably Friday since the wind is going to be howling tomorrow and give some of the rain water time to soak up on the road. They ought to be moving good with this weather and the rut starting.

Comment

Haven't hunted this area before - want to bring daughter out to hunt. Area okay for bringing a kid on their first hunt?

Comment

Any hunt is great for kids. Trails are not well maintained and there are not usually very many hunters afield

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had an 8pt run a doe by me.. I probably should have shot him but I just wasn't sure. I should have a picture of him. He stood in front of my camera.

Now I'm second guessing not shooting him. I think he was over 13, but in the moment......oh well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Puggy625; 11-01-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hopefully she'll bring him back in front you

Comment

Cowhorn spike just snuck through.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                Just had an 8pt run a doe by me.. I probably should have shot him but I just wasn't sure. I should have a picture of him. He stood in front of my camera.

Now I'm second guessing not shooting him. I think he was over 13, but in the moment......oh well.

When in doubt or you have think if he’s legal...don’t shoot. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the stand for an evening sit. Anybody else out?

Comment

Getting to be that magic hour, but man, the woods is dead still and quiet. No movement at all.

Comment

I hunted every square inch of the wma today. No deer at all. Everyone should move to the caddo grass lands.... no deer here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                          Any hunt is great for kids. Trails are not well maintained and there are not usually very many hunters afield

I completely agree - always great to get kids out! Might try this weekend from a ground blind.

Comment

My buddy used to hunt with his boys from a ground blind and they always had success

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                              My buddy used to hunt with his boys from a ground blind and they always had success

Hoping for meat in the freezer, but more importantly passing on hunting tradition to kids!

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X