Kansas 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas 2019

I put in, going to hunt the walk in land grahamvan talked about!
    If i win the lottery thinking the first two weeks of Nov.
    I mostly put in for South East and South Central Kansas.

Any tips or youtube video refs are welcome !

Just got back from a public land turkey hunt in North Central Kansas. Just about every where I looked there was a cottonwood I would feel confident sitting in waiting for whitetails to pass by during the fall. Obviously no horns right now but the body size on the deer I saw lived up the "Land of Giants" billing.

Comment

Get any turkey?

Comment

Hunted all day Friday, all day Saturday and both my buddy and I connected Sunday morning.

Comment

I just got an email that they are closing hunting to all non resident deer hunters due to some sort of fever..

Comment

no email here

Comment

Kansas 2019

Here’s last two year bucks from SE Kansas all day mid November sits just to get you little more fired up

Last edited by James; 05-03-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Nice indeed!

Comment

Unit 3 and 7...just saying...

Comment

Are you allowed to bring in a game cart to walk in areas? If not anyone have recommendations on pull system? The deer i get is going to be so dang big I will need something to drag it!

Comment

There is nothing mentioned in the Kansas rules or specifically the WIHA rules about retrieval with game cart. I always make sure to stay on a road or right-of-way, and don't cut across the crops. It does say that you may not enter with vehicles. I have seen many people use them, and I do myself. Never had a game warden even bring up the subject. I have found that if there is snow on the ground, the black 48" ploy sleds work much better and drag easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                        There is nothing mentioned in the Kansas rules or specifically the WIHA rules about retrieval with game cart. I always make sure to stay on a road or right-of-way, and don't cut across the crops. It does say that you may not enter with vehicles. I have seen many people use them, and I do myself. Never had a game warden even bring up the subject. I have found that if there is snow on the ground, the black 48" ploy sleds work much better and drag easier.
                        Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Won this:

Hunt Information
                          Hunt Description: Nonres Deer Unit 11 Archery
                          Species: Deer (Whitetail Either Sex) Weapon: Archery
                          Unit: Unit 11 Unit 19
                          Sub-Location: Deer: Unit 11; Deer: Unit 19

Additional Unit: Unit 12

Now i got some planning to do. Has anyone public land hunted these units, feel free to contact me to give advice! Right now mostly just using OnX to review choices.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                            Unit 3 and 7...just saying...
                            Unit 7 is where I shot my turkeys. Wasn't able to justify applying for a deer tag this year but we hit several WIHA's that I marked on OnX which looked like great whitetail properties. Itching to get back there and hang some cameras.
                            Last edited by TexAg07; 05-27-2019, 07:37 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Just got the call from the owners of the Kansas farm I have been hunting for the last 9 years for free. Farm is being sold and no more access. I'ts a sad day. Looks like it public this year for me, if anybody wants to to hook up let me know. I have been hunting in units 11 and 12. Even though I was on private I have over the last 9 years hit a lot of public around there so I will just stick to the good spots I found on the public. Good Luck to all this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X